speeddemon13

WHICH 8" SUBWOOFERS?

I have a 2005 Toyota Tundra 4 Door and the only thing that you can fit are 8" subs. I was looking at the Kicker CVR 8's and I am probably going to get those because nothing has a mounting depth smaller than 4.5" inches. I was really really considering the Ascendant Audio Assassins but I just recently found out the mounting depth is like 5.1" or something like that. So please help me with what 8's I can get in there, I want something pretty loud. I have friends wtih like 2 12's, and most of them have 2 10's....not really loud 10's or 12's but you get the gist. I have mostly only heard of the basic brands like kicker, jl audio and those types but let me know if you know any of the brands like Ascendant and Icon? or something like that.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen a shallow mount 8" for quite some time.

You might consider a CDT EF8. Carbon fiber cone, looks pretty doesn't sound half bad. Relatively cheap on ebay right now as well.

I like challenges :)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Pro...allow/TS-SW841D

That is a Pioneer 8" shallow mount driver.

120wrms\500w Peak

sealed or free air use.

2.5" depth

Kicker CVT 8" driver

200wrms\400w Peak

Sealed or Ported

3 3\8th depth

Earthquake SWS-8

150wrms\300w Peak

in door or back dash installation

2 1\8th depth

MA Audio MA80XE

250wrms\500w Peak

sealed or ported

4.6" depth

RE Audio RE8

175wrms\350w Peak

sealed or ported

4" depth

Polk Audio MOMO MM2084DVC

200wrms\400w Peak

4.25" depth

Box size unknown

MB QUART RWE204

150wrms\300w Peak

4.5" depth

Box size unknown

Selenium SEL-8PW3-SLF

125wrms\250w Peak

3.25" depth

Box size unknown

Infinity REF850W

200wrms\850w Peak

4.312" depth

Box size unknown

have you heard any of those and know which ones sound good? I was considering the Kiver CVR 8 which is a 4.3 mounting depth and 200 rms and 400 max sub with like 30-500 freq. response.......i listent to alot of country as well as rap

No sir, have not listened to any of them.

However, if you look, i did list all of the model numbers for each one so i suggest researching each one and see which one you like the best. The ones that do not have a box size listed, go to the manufacturer's website and read the manual for the sub or they might have the box specs right there. Make sure that whatever sub you choose can function properly in your door.

They arent going in my door, they are going under my rear sit into the under seat storage compartment...but thanks you have been an awesome help. I dont know how much space is down there tho

oh, well then any one of those subs listed will work because you gotta build a box anyway.

Well good luck.

That "enclosure" you listed looks nifty. You really need to come up with a figure for airspace though to give you a good reccomendation. Also please build your own one of those and use 3/4 MDF if possible (that would be another .25 inches of clearance.) you could build that and spin less that half of what they are asking

I agree in the second post about the 8" pioneer's. If you do decide on building your own enclosure i was also suggest any of the pionner shallow mount line. I have there 12" shallow mount. Its only 3.25" deep, and it gets the job done for me. But from wat it looks like there isnt enough air volume under there for the 12 but might be enough for the 10. The kicker shallow mount series is also a good choice. I would go with pioneer or kicker. This is my 2

Has the idea of inverting the subs crossed your mind ?

I made some enclosures for some ones tacoma extended cab once, they fit in the rear speaker holes and the subs were inverted to save airspace and depth. It worked out pretty well. Looked a bit out of the norm

Would you consider getting a 10 inch... Sundown SD1 v2 10"... only 4.5" deep might fit your needs...

anyone ever used or heard these subs? what do u think? http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=3340

Did you read post #2?

<a href="http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14848&st=0&gopid=343444" target="_blank">

Post #2</a>

Here's a link so you don't even have to scroll :P

I kind of thought you brought up those subs so I went and looked at the big list and didnt see it so i asked...didnt even think to look before the list. I dont know how I would figure out how much airspace is down there.

Packing peanuts, just pour them in and measure how many fit. Considering you are running sealed that will be close enough.

On that note, you better be damn sure that the baffle seals up really, really well. Any air leaks will kill you. For that reason alone I surely wouldn't buy one, but build my own.

It says add polyfill to cavity, idk what exactly it means by that but I dont know what I want to do...I am thinking about just buying the kicker cvr 8's and just get 3 of them and do work with that.

You really, really, really should not do anything until you now how much airspace you have. If you assume wrong no matter what you buy could end up sounding like complete ass. The first thing to know in any install are the installation parameters and for a subwoofer that is how much space you can give it. Choking a sub will murder its response.