Sign in to follow this  
Philanthro

eDead

Has anyone used eDead for sound dampening. I know that their subwoofers arent great, is this true with their dampening materials as well? I won't pay the outrageous price for Dynamat, I can't afford to spend $400+ to do my car. I can get eDead for .80 cents per square foot. Even if i had to double it up, it would still be considerably cheaper than Dynamat, Second Skin, etc.

What do you guys think?

Guest zedman
Has anyone used eDead for sound dampening. I know that their subwoofers arent great, is this true with their dampening materials as well? I won't pay the outrageous price for Dynamat, I can't afford to spend $400+ to do my car. I can get eDead for .80 cents per square foot. Even if i had to double it up, it would still be considerably cheaper than Dynamat, Second Skin, etc.

What do you guys think?

You get what you pay for. Look around this site most people hate them but its your dime. I only would use Second Skin. Z

This is what happened to my eDead:

edeaddh1.jpg

Alright, looks like I won't be going with that chit. Second Skin is so damn expensive though! Oh well, I guess I will just get a little and use it behind my speakers.

Raammat seems to be the preferred alternative to SS, but SS is definitely the best you can get.

dammit.. i got beat to it.. lol

Edited by Yang

Your two best choices are Second Skin and Raammat. I'm using raam butyl deadener and ensolite along with SS spectrum in my truck

Can you speak for the actual dampening performance of eDead?

I plan on using some in a small speaker box, so I'm not worried about that happening in that environment.

This is what happened to my eDead:

edeaddh1.jpg

damn dude that sucks. i used v1se on my hatch in the jeep and it never did anything close to that. in fact when i got my new car i tried to take some of the it off to put on the trunk lid and it was a bitch to get off. as for its sound deadning it worked pretty well for me, when i had the 3 15's in the jeep with 3 layers on the hatch it killed a lot of the rattle but weighed so much the hatch would only open about 3 feet so it did have a downside. the only comparison ihave is the dynamat i used on the doors and it worked well but i preferred the edead so. for my new car though im gonna try out rammmat or second skin to see what there like since i here such good things.

Considering the history I'd run like hell from the edead.

I plan on using some in a small speaker box, so I'm not worried about that happening in that environment.

A small speaker box would benefit far more from perpendicular bracing in it than a layer of eDead, whether it sticks or not.