Chevy350TPI

Need Your Advice

I'm afraid it wouldn't be as good as the CTS on the highway in terms of overall comfort. At least if a moose walked out in front of me I would drive under it. I'm trying to find a big cruiser. Also, something good in the snow.

no, you got me there. though with the right tires, it's not bad in the snow. ours came with the dunlop run flat ultra high perfomance summer tire. and it works, wet or dry. but snow?? lol, oh no!

ya know there is supposed to be a rwd impala coming out with the new camaro. sharing alot of the camaro's suspension architecture (spl?). but that'll be a year or so from now and probably in the 30k range as well.

to be honest, i just can't think of anything american other then the cts. i really hate the 300/charger from the work we did on them at the shop. maybe that a6 or whatever sean and aaron were talking about would work.

though i really like the cts, alot.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I'm afraid it wouldn't be as good as the CTS on the highway in terms of overall comfort. At least if a moose walked out in front of me I would drive under it. I'm trying to find a big cruiser. Also, something good in the snow.

no, you got me there. though with the right tires, it's not bad in the snow. ours came with the dunlop run flat ultra high perfomance summer tire. and it works, wet or dry. but snow?? lol, oh no!

ya know there is supposed to be a rwd impala coming out with the new camaro. sharing alot of the camaro's suspension architecture (spl?). but that'll be a year or so from now and probably in the 30k range as well.

to be honest, i just can't think of anything american other then the cts. i really hate the 300/charger from the work we did on them at the shop. maybe that a6 or whatever sean and aaron were talking about would work.

Those MIni's are suprisingly large inside!

I still vote CTS for american. The a6 is still the most beautiful well appointed mid-large sedan made in it's price though.

Myself.. I'm interested in the new 09 cts v 550 hourse for under 60.. yes please.

Edit...

I also think the new CTS is just about the most beautiful car made right now, tied with the a or s 5

Edited by dem beats

Myself.. I'm interested in the new 09 cts v 550 hourse for under 60.. yes please.

That will come after this stepping stone.

I was going to go big right off the bat but then something came up ... and it will require a fair amount of miles driven. Best option for me is to grab something a year or two old that won't depreciate much more and use it for that purpose - then when the time comes, sell it off or even keep it.

Canadian Moose Cricket FTW!

The future of a RWD Impala is pretty doubtful actually, but there is the G8 coming out soon.

The Pontiac G8 is supposed to sell for $29k new, just too bad they didn't sell them last year as it would be a good choice.

The future of a RWD Impala is pretty doubtful actually, but there is the G8 coming out soon.

why is that? i remember reading about it in one of the mags and GM was pretty hyped about it. especially since it would shre the burden of making the camaro profitable due to it's sharing of suspension and other parts.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

why is that? i remember reading about it in one of the mags and GM was pretty hyped about it. especially since it would shre the burden of making the camaro profitable due to it's sharing of suspension and other parts.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

GM released a statement saying that all development for new RWD drive cars aside from the new Camaro and G8 has been cancelled.

Well, I found a dealer who will bring in anything. So that pretty much opens up my options a LOT more.

Problem: There are no Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, or Volvo dealerships here ... and I'm not going to the one reputable import mechanic as I'll still get gouged by him.

The Pontiac G8 is supposed to sell for $29k new, just too bad they didn't sell them last year as it would be a good choice.

You're recommending...a Pontiac? :D

Problem: There are no Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, or Volvo dealerships here ... and I'm not going to the one reputable import mechanic as I'll still get gouged by him.

Just judging by the experience my folks have had with their Volvo V70, I would say it's good you don't have any Volvo dealerships nearby.

They've gone to shit since the days of the old boxy ones that lasted forever...

Drove the 300C today. Awesome car. Drove much nicer than the CTS in my opinion. CTS was too plain on the inside and I am afraid you are paying for the name more than anything. Surely GM could have put something a little more fancy and a lot less plastic inside. Got the dealership on the hunt for a 300C with the options, color and price I want - see what they can do for me.

try a lincoln.

a nissan :)

I have and did enjoy it, but not as much as some others.

Is the Accord V6 to small and not strong enough?

I really, really, really despise Honda's in particular the Accord. Damn thing puts you to sleep and when it breaks costs more than a BMW I6 to fix.

Is the Accord V6 to small and not strong enough?

Drove an '05 Hybrid V6 and really liked it. Don't know if it is a big enough highway car for me, though. Interior was one of my favorites for a car in that price range/category. I have heard more than a few times that they are rather pricey when it comes to fixing them.

I know our Honda is a snoozer, and slow, and louder inside then average, and barely weights 2000lbs., and gets blown off course by a dump truck fart, and has no torque, and the tranny slips and thunks a little in bumper to bumper between 1st and 2nd, and needs new engine mounts because it vibrates enough to bother me at a stop light, but it is a solid trusty car. Hence the name lil' trusty scooter. It gets better mileage then the Mercedes and BMW we own, and I don't sweat the fact I blew right past 175k last night. I guess my reasoning is that since you are restricted from quality Euro's that guys like Sean and I tend to prefer due to experience, I feel for your situation where you are going to lay down some serious kilometers on the car due to work, and gas prices showing very little sign of slowing down in their meteoric rise, and the Euro mechanic near you is pricey, I think a Honda is a solid 2nd choice.

Yes I know I should be supporting American products, but with so many now made in Mexico/Canada/and now Australia and still being sub par of what should be a quality reliable car in the year 2008, Honda's and even Toyota are going to do you right. Yes the deprecation will be greater due to more of them on the road, but honestly, if I were in your situation, I would rather buy something of greater quality and better kpg (mpg) that costs the same as the "American" cars.

I mean, look at all the hype behind the GM Hybrid Tahoe, it only get 20mpg, where as a normal gas MB GL SUV has been getting 23+. I know that is not the best example, but with all the press and hype, the "American" cars cannot stand up to the quality and performance of the Euro/Japanese/and now Korean counter parts. If you are keeping the Iroc, you will still have the power sled, and the motorcycle, and the truck(s), so you are not starving for HP in casa da Captain Canada. Sorry don't mean to lean so conservative, but just don't want you to buy a heavy over priced American car with a mediocre V8 with poor mileage that will not give you the extended miles/kilometers you need or the kpg you will need from what I understand from the picture you have painted of your goals/limitations. And yes, I am very anti-FWD, but......

Or ignore all that and grab a 6speed 530i. ;)

In all reality I should be getting a little Civic or something of the sort and get the whole 30+ mpg thing.

Tough call.

In all reality I should be getting a little Civic or something of the sort and get the whole 30+ mpg thing.

Tough call.

I think you will feel it is too small for you.