Sign in to follow this  
RL-i8_Mr._Jones

would this be a good amp

Price being too high is a fair complaint, but as for the THD, it's inaudible...heck, it could be 1% and still be inaudible for subbass.

Sundown> PA.

ANYDAY.

If your looking for a nice budget amp, try Ebay, and type in Planet Audio. Should have a nice 1000rms for less than 250 bucks.

lol again.

Look, if you wanna buy a cheap amp, go ahead. Nobody here, is gonna agree with it. And DO NOT post, when it breaks, and be all pisssed about it.

You aren't going to get what you expect if you are looking at amps like those. :(

So you guys relaly know how both of those amps r? or are u just saying they r junk because u dont like the brand?

OK, lemme break it down to you.

Konaki, has a sub. Thats rated 1500rms.

They opted for the cheapest softparts money can buy, and if you put anything over 1000rms, the spiders give out on you, and the glue joints breaks.

That tells me everything I need to know about the company.

Amp's aren't something to cut short, to save a couple dollars. If they do that with there subs, I know they do it with there amps.

Same goes to PA.

Sundown uses the best components on there amps that the build house offers.

Hence the price differences. In this world, you semi pay for what you get.

so cuz they had a sub prob that means you know how there amps r?

Can't you read?

I have nothing more to add. Go buy the amp, have fun. Hopefully it wont burn up in 2 weeks.

lol this guy is funny......

my friend when you buy a AMP like the ones you are looking at.. you are paying for a few things are you ready..

chrome.... lights.... magazine adds, and other promotions....

take a CHIT IN A BOX...put chrome and lights on it.. and then spend a million on advertising... see how many you sell......

sundown... a black power making beast.. with NO advertising......... dont talk about it... just BE About it...

sundown counts on there customers to sell the amps.... rather the amps to sell them selfs but to people who see the power it makes....... word of mouth and demos....

i dare you to find someone ir a group of people who stand by those amps you are so into. i bet you cant find any.

many other kinda of amps besides sundown are good small local type amps.... but you have to pay! lot MSRP price... make an email to someone..get a deal. thay are out there,.

you sound like my lil brother....... he found this 3000 watt legacy amp.. all chromed out.. i want it i want it .. i looked at it.. i said its junk.. but nooo he had to have it.. so he spent 200 bucks on it.. it weighted 18 lbs by the way.. i installed it in car.. sounded like crap.. he asked me to put my jl 500/1 back in cause the legacy was crap... i told him NO. thats what you get..

i spent 450 bucks on a new 500 watt amp... he spent 200 bucks on a 150 i mean 3000watt amp...... check this out.

his resale.. used one for 5 mins, with box paper work and plastic wrap. 100 bucks..

my resale on a 2 year old jl 500/1 no box no paper work with scratchs.... 350.....

are you getting this at all?

i understand u want good chit u got to pay but just cuz it is cheap don't means its all crap it may not be as good but its not all junk i would liek to pay about 300 shipped

Check Ebay.

I found a PG Tantrum 1200.1 a couple years ago on there for around $300. Something like that, or a JBL BP1200.1, or an older Orion or Rockford would be my choice...

didnt i say before to get an AQ-1200d from Audioque?

$249 shipped, does 1470w @1ohm.

This topic sounds familiar but my post isnt here. This must be a cloned post for the same thing.

What you want is like asking for a viper, or one that is just like it for $30,000...

We've been in the car audio scene for quite some time.

Most to all of us do not know each other personally, well that's a given, so we have nothing to gain personally just by helping others out.

So why would you have the slightest thought when different people all want to set it in stone that the amps you are looking at are not a good idea that you have the thought that we may be trying to get you to spend extra money for no reason?

It's coincidental that we all have the same opinion, isn't it?

No, it's not. We have all had experience in the car audio world and know what to expect from companies that have been around forever and those who are new.

We know or some of us know how the economy works and general business practices because everybody wants the best for the least money, who doesnt?

But that doesnt mean you need to sacrifice necessities to get that lower price, you catch me?

We see things that you havent had experience with yet. We are not coercing you into buying the same thing we have or the most expensive thing we can think of... That is bad practice for this site and it wont happen!

You cannot judge pricing online for someone who may be somewhat new to this because ecommerce prices fluctuate from dealer to dealer due to authorized\non authorized sellers, refurbs marked as new and so on.

So for you, it may be hard to justify the good vs the bad product online based on pricing on a general sense.

With enough time talkin on boards you will start to get experience as well as physical experience.

Oh, and get that AQ-1200d, :)

is this guy hard headed or what???, i think you better listen to the pros man, im just gettin into car audio at 17 years young, i know to NEVER buy amps like that.

but i would go for a sundown sae-1000d, but JimJ also recommended some great amps

no, he's not hard headed, he is just one of many people who ask questions and get answers that are completely different than what he was expecting.

How about this amp?.... that amp is terrible get this amp--->

And just leave the reply like that...

You get enough people who answer your questions like that, you are gonna want to know why? But when nobody wants or can give an elaborate answer, it frustrates those who are trying to learn.

We've been there, he's tryin to do research, just needs to be pointed in right direction.

This is a good place to hibernate at for a while.

I'd also suggest reading technical documents near very bottom of this forum as well as going to www.the12volt.com interesting info there too.