Mark LaFountain

John's build for (2) 18" SSA prototype high output

hey bro if you can ball park it, all in all about how much total sq ft of that sound deadning rolls will you end up using?

hey bro if you can ball park it, all in all about how much total sq ft of that sound deadning rolls will you end up using?

In the end probalby about 100sq ft

i got the tape woot!

hopegully no more noise!

Keep it up guys, should be a serious improvement with the deadening now.

Looking great so far.............I got work to do to the Acura myself when the money becomes free.

J

I'll be putting some time in on this build during the week I think, about to finish up the box etc...I'll also take some vids of before/after with the deadening just to show what a dramatic difference it made :woot:

out of curiosity sorry if you already posted this but seeing as how i was wondering how i was gonna fit 2 18's in my blazer and by the design of your box is it gonna be one back one up port rear?

its eiter late or ive drank to much guinness but what does back seats are gonzo mean..lol

NO MORE BACKSEATS FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

NO MORE BACKSEATS FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

yes that is always a good thing more guinness!! fing05.gif

should get a good amount of work done on this box this week. Thinking tomorrow or the next day of finishing the box. Stay tuned

ok, updates are in. Got a brace between the woofers mounted in today, after the double baffle goes on should be plenty sturdy enough. Tomorrow, i'll put on the baffle and cut out the holes, paint the port etc...anyways, on to the pics.

2_18s%20001.JPG

2_18s%20002.JPG

2_18s%20003.JPG

2_18s%20004.JPG

2_18s%20005.JPG

that looks strangely fa miler :)

Big port FTW ( BiGG BaSS )

are going to 2x the face ?

P1010522.jpg

Edited by Lord Baccus

Awesome quality build, I cant wait to hear it!!!

I was actually going to build something very similar last month, everyone liked it, but a few people... the only negative thing I heard about this design is that there may be "loading issues" with how I had the subs positioned on the box.

Pioneerpimp from caraudio.com made the same box and didn't like it, but his was tuned to 47hz...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php...mp;postcount=73

Here's some other designs that I was thinking about, design D looks good if you put the subs side by side so they load into the port at the same time... thats the chitty thing with blazers, they only have 37-38" between fender wells and the Outer Mounting Dimensions of most 18's is equal to 37.3". This makes it hard to mount the subs side by side...

http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/showthread.php?t=47254

If things don't work out I've got my original 14cuft box/wall re-tuned from 27hz to 35hz just sitting in my garage and would love to hear how the new SSA 18's sound in my re-tuned box using Johns Blazer since my ride is outta commission :D

Here's the design I put together for the one I was about to build...

Design C:

53.25" x 37.5" x 16"

Port is 14" x 14.5

port length 25.5 inches

203 Square Inches

12cuft

35hz

purpci7.jpg

corner12cubeszl2.jpg

Edited by SHiZNiLTi

we could have some fun with ur old box. that be fun too. specially like u have stated with the new 18's marks got coming out should he here weds. hoping!

i like the design u got there they look good! might have to build one or too and keep switching out box to see which is better design.

i heard about ur truck sorry to hear that man!

~JoHN~

Ok, time to get the bottom of the box resin'ed, getting there...going to carpet it today after we get it sanded..stay tuned.

resin%20001.JPG

resin%20002.JPG

resin%20003.JPG

resin%20004.JPG

resin%20005.JPG

resin%20006.JPG

resin%20007.JPG

resin%20008.JPG

resin%20009.JPG

resin%20010.JPG

resin%20011.JPG