Sign in to follow this  
Upstage Audio

MLI-65 users

i was wondering what the word is on these from people who've actually used them. i am looking to use them as replacements for my M6 in the doors in a 3way setup so its used to play 100-315hz, maybe 80hz at the lowest. How well do they do as a true midbass driver compared to the M6, Tang Bands, Adire and other midbass drivers.

I'm using mine crossed at 40hz and never had trouble with 75w.

...wait, ///M6??

I almost bought an ///M6 instead of the ///M5. :D

...wait, ///M6??

CDT M6...wipe up the drool...

My favorite is still the old Kenwood ///M1. I would really dig a 330i manual wagon, but that is just dreaming and taking the topic of track. Don't mind me.

i really like mine. I tried the other day boosting up the midbass and cutting off the high pass, and they were taking it very well. NICE midbass in my opinion, and they sound good up top also.

I just bought 4 of them today. Glassing them in the bottom of the doors in my Thunderbird. Using 2 in each door as a dedicated midbass from 80Hz-350Hz with about 80watts rms. Using 2 sets of these 4" comps for front bandpass and front high. 1 set in the factory opening and the other set glassed in the A-Pillars. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-NS8VHw4tHDH/A...X1414&g=410