Sign in to follow this  
dem beats

SQ sub choices

Or two four channels, which would be my preference. Lots of juice on the midbasses would be teh sweetness.

Are you referancing to 2 midsbass with bridged juice or 4 midbass????

I get a little excited thinking about either to be honest with you lol.

2 midbasses, the other 2 chn of that amp can be for the sub.

<--doesn't do multiple drivers playing the same frequency range, at least above 50hz

You sir are leet.

Thank you for all the help. I'm definately going to go 3 way now.

I just purchased a ton of Raam and ensolite. That isn't part of this budget I have here. Next stop in the project is at fleet farm to see if I can get some welding ground cable.

I heard there was a sale =)

I have taken a few measurements in the kick... it will be a really tight. I'm most afraid of getting snow/salt/other crap on the mids and tweets. The drivers side has has the E brake taking up a crap ton of room though.

Do you think some kind of under dash mount will work?

I'm going to go 3 way for sure. If I'm not satisfied with how I rig it I can buy a controller or another deck that will do 3 way. I like my 880 though and I think I can make this work.

What do you think the best woofers would be. I would think something IB for the door? I suppose by doing a pod I can make what ever size enclosure so long as it's not too big for the mid & tweet.

What do you recommend for the best midbass mid and tweets.

I'm really glad I found this forum. I would have spent s much un nessicay $$ and time.

Thanks all for the help.

I can make juat about any enclosure work. I would say I could fit in a .5-.75 cube enclosure maybe for the mids, well I know I can. Anything larger... I would have to think "outside the box" and kicks would get tricky. I took out some cottage cheese container tops and placed them in different areas in space and worked around on the driver side for about 30 min looking and measuring. I can place anywhere. The kick makes me nervous due to MN snow and slush. I guess the same could be said about the midbass door though. don't want that to get rained on! I think the reason I'm asking for drivers now it to get sizes so I know what I have to do. With so many options it's hard to make up my mind of where and what. I'm not sure but I would say that

I have so many measurements in my head ATM and none on them of real value, with kicks I could get the mid and tweet pointed right up to me and to the side, but underdash.... I would have to work that one out for a while and I could do it. Just take some real work. Probably a fair amount of glassing to make it look right.

I keep going back to kicks but the E brake is in direct line to me and I'm not really sure if I would be able to have the e brake usable. I can just saw that off anyway though right? ;)

The doors.... well I cannot figure out how to pull them off... at all. I need to dedicate an evening to figuring that out, but I'm can fit just about any depth into it, it's just a mater of working it in. I would really like that to be IB, Making an enclosure in a dooor wouldn't be my idea of a dream date, but with glass and MDF anything is possible.

More than enough room :)

As for the ebrake, you can probably bend the pedal.

I'd want more processing then.

Not a terrible idea, but not ideal either. Path length differences is the main issue. Really, if you use the area behind the kick panel, you should have no issue fitting them. My kicks take up next to none of my foot wells.

Take off the kick & see how much depth you have back there. You also do not need to make an enclosure, IB firing into the kick is perfectly alright (the way I do it). How large of a midrange are you going to use? Lots of 3" mids/full range drivers out there capable of doing the job.

I haven't settled on any drivers yet. This stared as a sub thread, but I got fed up and now I want an all out SQ system pretty much. I'm asking for the knowledge of the board to help me spend my money as wise as possible.

m5 as usual has been tolerating and helping me for the past few pages.

like a catipillar emerging from his crysalis to be born anew and soar to new hights of audio bliss!

lol

What do you recomend for drivers in my unit? I'm willing to try anything within proximity to the budget.

<-- no longer remembers: budget, space, power, h/u, listening preferences, equipement you already have...

Perhaps a summary or a new thread is in order. If you start a new one, link it here. :)