hey guys im in the market for xover, whats everyones opinion on this $150 epicenter?

epicenter-white.jpg

i remember in my old system i had one i just cant remember if it was this model..but i loved it..

i had a 97 lincoln... i had 4 12s 2 15s ALL jl w6 with all jl amps... it was very nice..... and when i was coming up.. anyone who had a EC was bangin... so i bought one.... it made some songs hit sooooo fuggggginnn hard... but it made most songs sound like ass....... i bought it rolled two weeks trying to adjust everything everyday.. i never could get it all to sound good..... black and white it was..... i got my used for like 40 bucks..and i sold it on ebay for like 60 i think. with shipping... so i did well.... but i BOO the EC

edit... i tryed it in my wrecker i have a single 8.... it did make a diffrence in my truck.

I wouldn't suggest the epicenter to anyone with a decent subsection.

I wouldn't consider the epicenter a crossover..

What kind of features are you looking for?

I'm with John, that isn't a crossover but I will also add that it isn't useful for anything really either.

my main feature is i like to turn the bass up or down with the knob without having to turn the volume up or down..also the first time i had my system installed i didnt do a cross over and it sounded ok, but then i had them put in a xover and it was like day and night..even people where asking me what did you do..

But there is absolutely no x-over on the Epicenter....

But there is absolutely no x-over on the Epicenter....

then i guess that wasnt it, like i said i dont remember which one but i do believe it was audio control..

And how are you currently selecting which frequencies go to your subwoofer?

And how are you currently selecting which frequencies go to your subwoofer?

no system in yet, im making a list of what i want first thats why i decided to ask and see what others thought on a xover..

and it has a sub crossover in it already

edit: John snuck one in between, I meant the d310 does, although so does the H701

<--not surprised

The D310 can control the H701 which is a hell of a processor.

<--not surprised

wasnt talking to you..wtf is your problem..whenever someone doesnt agree with you your attitude changes and you start acting bitchy..are you ok man?

<--not surprised

wasnt talking to you..wtf is your problem..whenever someone doesnt agree with you your attitude changes and you start acting bitchy..are you ok man?

Please re-read this thread. I didn't disagree with anyone in it, just answering your questions.

<--not surprised

Please re-read this thread. I didn't disagree with anyone in it, just answering your questions.

:rolleyes:

i had alot of audiocontrol peices aswell... i sold them all when i for my sundown.... it has the remote feture that your looking for.. and it has a nice x over built in. my h/u is a nc3

It won't have a "knob" but you can control the bass level from it. Of course if you want an actual knob a lot of amplifiers have them and it will be much less than $175 :)

lol epicenter really just processes the signal and gets midbass and turns it into subbass. Only situation i see where its close to worth anything is if you listen to 75%+ mexican music

lol epicenter really just processes the signal and gets midbass and turns it into subbass. Only situation i see where its close to worth anything is if you listen to 75%+ mexican music

or clasical.... or very old rap... or some rock... or if you just wanna turn everything you listen to into bass.