Sign in to follow this  
caddyon20s

btl 18 desing help will pay 5$ to the desingner...paypal

hello its me again I AM A be buiding my box tomorrow but i dont have a desing yet, ive tryed winisd but i just dont get it and i dont realy trust the reaudio calculator, so if somobody here with good experience building boxes would just make up a desing for me i will pay 5 dollars through paypal sorry but im kinda broke... lolz my dimensions are 39" width 19"height and do whatever deep i just need from 6 to 8 cuft. thanks a lot.

Damn, I thought that was to scale, hehe

I can model them 3D and make them to scale. Free gets you 5 minutes in MS Paint. :D

I can model them 3D and make them to scale. Free gets you 5 minutes in MS Paint. :D

Also gets the same final result after build.

:drink40:

I'll say thanks for him it's rare to get free designs now a days !

how many cuft is it?? and is it tunned at 32 hz after subwoofer displacement?? thanks a lot man whats ur email ill pay u 5 dollars

DO I HAVE TO HAVE THAT PIEACE OF WOOD IN THE CORNER OF THE PORT??? WOULDNT THAT MESS UP PORT SIZE??

Edited by caddyon20s

Just shy of 7 ft tuned to 32-33 Hz. The port length is correct with the corner piece.

When you cut the corner piece, make sure you have 6" clearance accross the diagonal in the port (If you refresh, I updated the picture with the dimension). It will be a small piece (only 2-2.5"), and you can leave it out if it makes you feel better. :)

Brian

I have an 18" fully loaded BTL as well ...could you use aero ports on the enclosure above instead of slot port ? If so how would you go by figuring what size length..Ive seen 4 and 6 inch ports

alright after searhing around if my enclosure was 7 cu ft. and wanted it tuned 32-34hz would 2 4"diameter aero ports 6" long be correct

(2) 4" is not enough for a BTL 18".

(2) 6" diameter x 17" long (full length) aero ports will work. The box would need to be 24" deep for proper clearance for the port inside the box.

With those ports and driver displacement, you can shoot for 8 ft gross internal box volume.

Let me know if that works.

HELLO i just made my box today i was wondering how to add fiberglass to make it stronger??? did steve prime fiberglass on the escalade box i wanna do mine like that but i dont know how if anybody knows how to fiber glass a box or a link please post it here it woud be highly apreciated thanks.

you can go to your local hardware store and get fiberglass resin with liquid hardnener already included in the box for $12 a quart and all you do is brush it or roll it on...thats what i use to fiberglass the inside and outside of my box works really good

HELLO i just made my box today i was wondering how to add fiberglass to make it stronger??? did steve prime fiberglass on the escalade box i wanna do mine like that but i dont know how if anybody knows how to fiber glass a box or a link please post it here it woud be highly apreciated thanks.

Fiberglass does not make a box stronger. Bracing makes a box stronger.

Fiberglass is used as a waterproofer, another sealent, and it is often used in ports (and sanded down with 2000grit sandpaper to reduce turbulence (especially around joints.

Sign in to follow this