Jookbocsbettie

lend me your ear

I have $400-$500 to spend on a comp set and an amp. I've listened to a few sets locally (infinity,diamond,focal) I wasn't that impressed. However I have been researching on several car audio forums and have heard good thinks about hertz, cdt, mbquart, pgrsd and a few others. I can't say I'm more focused on sq or spl cause I like them both, want to feel it in my chest and hear the music loud and clear. If you can reccommend an amp with your choice that would be awesome.

What is all the hype about the pg rsd? Is it because of the price or actual quality?

i got a pair of 6.5' rsd's on the way(sould be in this week or early next week).

runing a kicker kx250.2 (2004 refurb i got for 73$ shipped)

pretty budget orriented install.

ill let ya know how they sound but im sure someone else will find you a better pair of components they would fit your price range better.

i dont know chit but you could probly go active with that money... idk but if i had some cash thats what i would do.

Not that experienced yet can't even do my own install

Active is easy!

I would second the idea. Read up and go from there.

I hear good things about a lot of driver sets, but can tell you for sure that the Pio 720's sound great. Either way though, you really shouldn't use the internet to pick your components but instead try to listen to a bunch. If you want to learn more on the net asking a question that relates your experience will yield much better information. Something along the lines of "I really like the X drivers tweeter, but not the mid....:"