denalilvr

credit score?

which sites are you members of when you want to check your credit score? im looking for one that doesnt charge more then $15 a month...

which sites are you members of when you want to check your credit score? im looking for one that doesnt charge more then $15 a month...

try asking your bank. Free

i dont want to go to my bank everytime i want to check my credit score daily and get in depth views of my accounts not just the score..

i dont want to go to my bank everytime i want to check my credit score daily and get in depth views of my accounts not just the score..

my bank get's more infor than any online place period. I go through a CU though. I would only go to huge companies. Free credit report.com or something. I would not trust any discount place. I however hav been the victem of fraud, and credit was trashed due to it.

Also the more often you pull your credit the more it will go down. looking it up all the time is not a great idea. I really and truely beleive that the credit report do it yoruself type stuff is really more of a half assed attempt to make money off of you. I would say talk to your bank or better yet a financial planner/advisor, and have them help you with credit questions. More money upfront but less over time, and waaaay more help.

To expand, to get higher numbers on a T-L would you look at a guy who had a pimp looking system but was only poppin off with 140db, or would you follow in the path of someone crackin out 160db's but his system wasn't flashy, but stayed rock solid with no volt drops. I would trust the pro. Credit and financial success are not won over fast my man. The get rich quick plans do work, but I wouldn't count on it, and the definition of quick is up for debate IMO.

Edited by dem beats

so if im paying say $10 a month and i log in a few times a day..that will hurt me? i thought it only hurts my score if someone else checks like when im applying for credit cards or a loan?

Exactly Dave.

And yes anytime you pull your credit it has the potential to pull your credit down. For a loan or otherwise.

your credit score does not change daily....it does monthly.

ya but i just like to check for anything new..

your credit score does not change daily....it does monthly.

ya but i just like to check for anything new..

I guess this should have been the question from the get go. Do you just want to look at it and see the numbers or is there a specific reason you wan't to see it?

When you say new do you mean fraudulent?

Guest zedman

You can look at your own credit report as often as you would like it does not do anything to your report. It is only when you give authorization for a lending institution to look at it that it has an effect. you can also see everyone who looks at it but no one else can. Z

You can look at your own credit report as often as you would like it does not do anything to your report. It is only when you give authorization for a lending institution to look at it that it has an effect. you can also see everyone who looks at it but no one else can. Z

I don't have the evidence to challenge that but it goes against how I understood it. If so then that is a nice little feature that it won't hurt you.

thats what im talking about..i think it you logged into the site to look up your score and it would drop that would defeat the purpose..its like buying condoms with holes punched in them..lol it will only go down if your applying for a loan for a car or house..or other credit cards..

your credit score goes down anytime ANY inquiry is made.....you or a bank....makes no differance.

i guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one..

your credit score goes down anytime ANY inquiry is made.....you or a bank....makes no differance.

Indeed, all inquiries count against you...except if they happen from the same exact site within a period of two weeks (IIRC, could be 1, could be 3) If you check it after a longer interval then that every inquiry will cause it to go down.

from google

Monitoring your own credit report through a credit monitoring service will not cause your credit score to go down. This is considered a "soft" inquiry. Only you and the credit bureau see these type of inquiries. A "soft" inquiry may also include these scenarios:

1. Your credit card company checking your credit to see if you qualify for a credit line increase.

2. Credit card/loan companies checking to see if you might qualify for credit with them. If you qualify, they will send you an application.

Only "hard" credit inquiries will affect your credit score. This is when you actually apply for a credit card or loan. These type of inquiries are seen by a potential lender when you apply for credit

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/

Guest zedman

I guess that is evidence showing that it doesn't matter does anyone have evidence showing that it is bad?

Edited by zedman

Monitoring is not pulling your credit; however, pretty easy for me to check as on Sunday I am having dinner with the CPA from Fair Isaac and can get this clarified but my response was based on what he told me before.

my info is from my job, we deal with over 40 lenders everyday. The time line is 2 weeks for inquiries. I do know you can get one free credit report yearly, but I am not sure of the website. I check mine every 6 months, everyday is overkill.

Monitoring is not pulling your credit; however, pretty easy for me to check as on Sunday I am having dinner with the CPA from Fair Isaac and can get this clarified but my response was based on what he told me before.

this would be much appreciated thank you

Guest zedman

You can actually get a free report after each time you allow another lender to look at it on top of the free one you get per year. I will email an instructor and ask to see what their answer is.

this would be much appreciated thank you

No problem, but I pretty much guarantee up front that Dave is spot on with his answer as I stated before. Considering that FICO's CPA is who helped me through my last two home buying experiences and being near a threshold the first time I'd pretty much guarantee it. It will be super easy for me to verify though :)

Guest zedman

http://www.fcac.gc.ca/eng/publications/Cre...portScore_e.asp

# Reduce the number of credit applications you make. If too many potential lenders ask about your credit in a short period of time, this may have a negative effect on your score. However, your score does not change when you ask for information about your own credit report.

According to this site it agrees with what I have said. It is from canada though but I am pretty sure it applies here as well.

this one says:

# Try to minimize the number of inquiries into your credit report from credit grantors by not applying for new credit unless absolutely necessary. (Note our credit report inquiry does not have an adverse affect on your credit risk score or credit rating.) more ideas below

this is from http://www.creditreporting.com/scoring.html

It is saying the same thing.

I am sorry to say even if you come back and say that such and such says it has an effect I for one will not believe you. There are too many sites that say otherwise. If it was true that all inquiries have a negative effect it would be illegal to state otherwise.

If my accounting instructors say that you are right I will come on here and proclaim my incorrectness but I dont see it happening anytime soon. I hope you all have an awesome night. Z

You exude experience from your post.

Guest zedman

I exude facts not arrogance. I have first hand experience but I am sure MY word means nothing here so I posted factual evidence that anyone could read.

Edited by zedman