Sign in to follow this  
Travo-18

Is there really going to be a new SSA sub?

I saw denalilvr posted something about SSA releasing a new driver specificly designed for a daily setup.. if anyone has any info please shoot me a PM or email me

I saw denalilvr posted something about SSA releasing a new driver specificly designed for a daily setup.. if anyone has any info please shoot me a PM or email me

Or you could just email them 50 times and get no response.

The ICON is the daily sub..

There is a new one coming out ment to handle 1500+ watts. Not an ICON, name undecided.

Check the build log section for more info.

yes there really is a sub coming from SSA that will do 1500+ daily. Sorry didn't respond right away, as you can see, been really busting my ass to get this blazer living so we can make it to the show. Here's a link to the vid.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=17095

I did not get any emails. But we have a few things in the works and are trying to get them ready for production as fast as design, money and goals will allow.

I did not get any emails. But we have a few things in the works and are trying to get them ready for production as fast as design, money and goals will allow.

What sizes will they be available in?, and will they use the same enclosure space as the icons?

What sizes will they be available in?, and will they use the same enclosure space as the icons?

The 1500wrms woofers will only be available in 12", 15", and 18". No 10" due to the magnet being larger than the cutout.

I highly doubt the box sizes will be anywhere close to the ICON ones.

Our hope is to have 3 full lines going by the end of the season.

The rms wattage is not set for the prototypes Mark (two 15") and John (two 18") are testing, and the soft parts are not set yet either, so the rms could go higher. This will probably come 12/15/18 in size.

There is also the pure SQ line that we are really trying to get going very soon. The first being the 8" a few have seen the initial prototype picture in the other thread, followed by a 10" and 12" sizes. The rms range is aimed to be in the 350-500 rms range. But once again, parts/design are not finalized so rattings and costs are not set either. This model will eventually come in 8/10/12 in sizes.

None of these drivers are under the Icon model name or line.

So before any repeat questions...

No the pricing is not set, we do not have a presale, the date of release is not set. We are really trying to get them going as fast as our testing and SSA standards will allow, but money is our limiting factor as always.

All drivers will be hefty in design and sound good. We are also trying to see if we can fit in and afford a high rms & xmax driver, the design has started, but that is it for now.

how much are they gonna be? Are they gonna sound good?

Is there a presale?

Haha, Finally, Denim is the winner!

I was waiting for someone to do that before 1 post turned into 5 pages in 3 hrs of the same 5 questions.

I got a number of PMs and emails though here and a few other sites asking the same thing. But as long as people know we don't have pricing set because the drivers are not finalized, and we don't have a date set because the drivers are not finalized, then it will be easier.

I would love for us to eventually make it to 4 sub woofer lines, but we can only move so fast.