shizzzon

Important Kinetik Battery info for those with problems

damn maybe not then cus 4cubes is a lotta space. ill really have to think about it.

well, while your thinkin about it, check this vid out-

This is when i had one of em in a 7.9 cuft box tuned to 29hz.

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Audioque/hd15.1.wmv

yea i've seen that, but the size of the box is just too much with 4cubes. i got like 2.5 cubes in my box and i think 3cubes is the most ima want to go with cus i wanna be able to get to the wheel well of my car. so i dont know...

Edited by phi

what kinda car do you drive?

I'll check some pics of it out on line somewhere and see if i can suggest somethin

sig... n like i said i use my wheel well and i dont really want to keep the seat down all the time either cus im driving ppl around a lot.

Edited by phi

does this apply to the kenetik 16v as well? just wondering

i hope not!

Can't charge over 14.3v on 16v.. that's a big nono, hehe.

I have no idea what the max charge voltage is for their 16v.

If you are asking what's the max charge voltage for their 16v hooked onto the 12v cell.... i would have to assume it is the same.

the reason i would think that is why would they make all these batts and make this 16v totally different...

But then again, who knows....

Only way to know for sure is ask them over the phone.

Looks like bad news for every one who suckered up and bought one of those Missing Link Audio voltage boosters.
Hmm, I seem to recall saying this would happen.

I have been using the MLA voltage controler for 3 months now WITHOUT a PROBLEM

my batterys stay fully charged.

it would seem that the Kinetik battery is the problem not the MAL device.

i use an Optima Yellow in the stock location & 2x NSB 125 batterys in the rear with the SAZ 2x 3000d amps WITHOUT a PROBLEM

None what so ever................................. :shrug:

the amps love the voltage and i havent seen any problems with the amps because of the higher voltage in fact my SCORE went UP ^^^

from 153.4 to 154.3db :slayer:

nuff said

hehe, looks like before you put that MLA in there your score was dyslexic.

Seems to me if the battery's are defective go with something that is NOT so FINNIKY when it comes to charging,

id get BETTER battery's :slayer:

Im using the MLA module as well, im idling at 15.2v, im also using a yellowtop in front and a kinetik hc2400 in the rear, been using it for a month now, no problems so far.

I felt that my amps loved the + on the voltage, it seems like it became a bit louder and cleaner.

Im using the MLA module as well, im idling at 15.2v, im also using a yellowtop in front and a kinetik hc2400 in the rear, been using it for a month now, no problems so far.

I felt that my amps loved the + on the voltage, it seems like it became a bit louder and cleaner.

Great to hear :)

so that is 2 of us using the Missing Link Audio "voltage controller WITH NO PROBLEMS !!! AMAZING

is it possible that the battery's were BAD or DEFECTIVE causing the failure ???

just want to ask do you drive a Ford or GM ?

so that is 2 of us using the Missing Link Audio "voltage controller WITH NO PROBLEMS !!! AMAZING

I believe the discussion was about charing Kinetik's with >14.3v.

I know but at some point it was mentioned that "Those of us that got suckered into using the Missing link Audio" Controller or something to that effect...?

my reply was that its not the voltage controllers fault that the battery's are inferior

seems a better battery is needed for those poor soles that got suckered into using Kinetik battery's

i mean why buy a battery that has a voltage cap ???

seems counter productive to me !!!

my reply was that its not the voltage controllers fault that the battery's are inferior

Each battery has it's optimum operation conditions.

I would probably blame the user before blaming the quality of the battery.

i agree !

it seemed as tho they were trying to blame the MLA voltage comptroller

if used Properly the MLA controller is a neet product to have and gives me an advantage over someone without it.

as the rules say UNDER 16v.....

cool im idling @ 15.2v / bending the rules / not breaking them :slayer:

if the rule says under 16 and you're at 15, then you're not bending the rules, lol. you are indeed following them.

and i agree with you. if the MLA voltage controller is doing as advertised, then how was one suckered into it? but Adrian nailed it, the end user has to know what his batteries are wanting, and if he chooses to overcharge and cause the issue, not really the batteries fault. that said, one would like to assume that a battery designed for this very thing (car audio) would be capable of accepting a charge from any aftermarket alt or charger.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

if the rule says under 16 and you're at 15, then you're not bending the rules, lol. you are indeed following them.

and i agree with you. if the MLA voltage controller is doing as advertised, then how was one suckered into it? but Adrian nailed it, the end user has to know what his batteries are wanting, and if he chooses to overcharge and cause the issue, not really the batteries fault. that said, one would like to assume that a battery designed for this very thing (car audio) would be capable of accepting a charge from any aftermarket alt or charger.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Well Said :slayer:

i wish i could express myself that clearly :domoslay:

I call full blown bs on this. I personally have communicated with, I believe it is eric, at kinetik, and he fully supports the mla module. He is in close communication with all the tests going on at mla and he gives his full support. If it was not for eric's support and the communication I have had with chris at mla and all the positive feedback on the product, I would have never ordered mine!!!!

hmm intresting wonder why powermaster chargers have an agm and flooded mode for and they put a warning to be sure you select the right mode for the battery you are using...in the flooded setting the absorbtion charge is 15v in AGM it is 14.3v..do they then recommend charging their powermaster batteries in flooded mode?

From what i understand, this is prolonged use of overcharging. up to an hour i'm sure won't cause anything significant to happen but if you went on a road trip.... i dont think that's a good idea.

i know there are plenty of people who use kinetik with many different brands of highoutput alts and have used them both under the hood for YEARS without an issue. 14.3 is THE standard charge voltage for agm cells btw.

"Lead acid batteries have different charging requirements based on their specific design. Flooded and maintenance free batteries require a higher voltage per cell than do sealed valve regulated types such as AGM and gel-cell batteries. Overcharging will reduce the life of any battery as sealed valve regulated batteries are especially sensitive to high charging voltages and overcharging. Overcharging an AGM or gel-cell battery will cause permanent damage. The proper charging level can be selected by means of a battery type switch on the front panel."

"CAUTION: Use the correct battery type at all times. Do not charge AGM & Gel-cell batteries in the

Hey, thanks for the tech help man!

The Intelli-Charger employs custom charge algorithms for the type battery that is being charged. Charging a flooded battery in the AGM mode, or charging an AGM battery in the flooded mode would be counter productive. The sequence of steps and voltage range for each mode will get you the best and fastest charge for the type of battery that you have selected. We actual feature two AGM modes... one for low gassing threshold batteries like Kinetik's (AGM Low Mode) and one for batteries that can withstand higher voltages like Odyssey, Optima, and XS Power (AGM High Mode). I usually recommend to all our customers, if you are not in a hurry to just use the AGM low mode for any sealed battery, but the AGM High mode can be used on a regular basis with our batteries with a minimal reduction in life capacity. Some batteries will gas at a much lower voltage (some as low as 14.3v) and these are the ones you will want to avoid charging at 14.4v+ or you will greatly reduce the life of the battery.

As I have mentioned before, I do not recommend charge voltage above 14.9-15v for any of our 12v batteries for extended periods as the valves will open, and permanent irreversible damage will occur. Sealed batteries have pressure valves to keep them from swelling to the point of breaking, and once a certain voltage is reached these valves will open and let the gas inside escape. This gas is essential for recharging. If overcharging occurs too many times, the battery will no longer accept a charge and leave you with a useless lead weight. As audiolife has recommended, follow the instructions that come with your batteries and chargers. ;)

I say BS! I have been running my system at 15.4 volts for some time now. 200A alternator, all Kicker 1/0, 2 Kinetik 2400s and Optima Yellow Top. Not a single problem!!!

I am in the process of rebuilding my system and have taken my Kinetiks out and are sitting next to me in my room. They have been sitting here for 3 weeks chillen and are still holding a 12.89 voltage. :P