Sign in to follow this  
scizzle

speaker suggestions for back doors

I need a set of 5 1/4 speakers for my back doors. I have an 04 escalade in the front I was thinking kickpanels with Boston acoustic pro 60's and in the back I thought I should do some coaxials, but don't know what would be good, I have a sundown 100.4 powering them and money not more than 350 for the back speakers. give me some ideas.

i would pick.........none.

That is what I would pick as well.

thanks for nothing.

I was also looking for maybe coaxials with crossovers.

are you suggesting components or no back speakers at all?

No back speakers at all.

Spend the budget you have for all your doors on your fronts alone and enjoy :)

I want back speakers though so any suggestions. I have 2 12 inch SSD's in the back and need my speakers to be loud.

how cruel....man is just trying to get some help

Not cruel, just reality.

I want back speakers though

why?

why?

I just do, I have a lot of people that ride in the car with me and in a big suv I am not going to just have speakers in the front and have my friends having just bass in their ears. I understand there are many ways to have good sound up in the front, but if I was doing that there would be a lot more than just pro 60's up front but I want good speakers up front and decent in the back if I need more up front that will come after hearing it.

I agree, screw the passengers, it's not worth wrecking the front soundstage just so the passengers can hear it a little bit better. Besides, they'll be able to hear the front speakers.

My car is tuned and time-aligned for ME, the driver. I figure if I'm the one driving, I get to hear the best sound. It's one of the few areas I get to be completely selfish and indulgent to the extreme. :)

If they complain we'll take their car (and gas :P ) next time!

If anything I would grab something cheap like a pair of hertz deici coaxials and put them on a switch so when you don't have passengers you can turn them off. Those co-axials should be ~150$ iirc.

why?

I just do, I have a lot of people that ride in the car with me and in a big suv I am not going to just have speakers in the front and have my friends having just bass in their ears. I understand there are many ways to have good sound up in the front, but if I was doing that there would be a lot more than just pro 60's up front but I want good speakers up front and decent in the back if I need more up front that will come after hearing it.

If you install the front ones right, the people in the back won't even know they don't have speakers anyways.

I guess I am a big softy....when Ramos and I go on trips I put the T.A over to his side, so he gets the best sound..plus it is cool to be able to have your co-pilot tune as you go and then flip it back over to me for referance....lol