SpeakerBoy

Blowing up my car with pure sound (2 years to go!!)

his addiction started early in life !!

i remeber being 10 years old lookin at mags picking my subs and speakers amps cross overs and cars to fit them in... man i must have done it for 30 cars.... then when i finaly got a car.. it was none of the cars that i had thought it may have been and even further then that LIFE came first.. not my subs..

what i forgot to mention was, i am going for spl, as in , i want to do competitions. now is that possible with a beetle? or even a camry? i mean, i went on youtube lookin at stuff, and ran across 'galamonkey' and his four fi btl18's and loved it. i just want a car that has MORE that one mile to the gallon. (he drives an expedition)

I drive an expedition and it gets around 11 miles to the gallon which yes is horrible, but is a sacrifice you would have to make if you want to do something crazy like 4 18's. I am only 17 and have gone through 3 systems in the past year and if you are worried about gas mileage on a car, you should try paying for gas before you spend your paycheck on subwoofers. That is just my advice, and I think you would be happy at least starting off with doing a smaller amount of watts on two 12's or something. It would be much more financially possible, and you would be surprised at how loud you can get two twelves on 2k watts and you would not have to get a new car. I actually sold my lexus es 300 to buy the expedition just to put a bigger woofer in it, so I know where you are coming from, but I think you need to look into the cost a little more.

yea, i dont know if its been asked, but do you have the money for this or are your parents going to be buying this stuff for you? money changes a lot of plans...

Just to give you a idea of how big 18's really are, have a look at this thread.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...16045&st=90

It's a mini, so yes it is small, but even in a normal or even larger size car 18's are just crazy. Other than a van, I don't see how anyone would be able to manage 4 of them efficiently. I say even a well tuned 10 would work for a first system, and keep you very happy.

ummm jeez... i was imagining a bit smaller...ugh but i had a pair of twelves as my sub in my room, and all i wanted was more. hell, my bro has five 12" woofers in his explorer running at 5kw total and i just want more...i love those lows, those windshield smashing lows that just shake the ground.

what i forgot to mention was, i am going for spl, as in , i want to do competitions. now is that possible with a beetle? or even a camry? i mean, i went on youtube lookin at stuff, and ran across 'galamonkey' and his four fi btl18's and loved it. i just want a car that has MORE that one mile to the gallon. (he drives an expedition)

thats an old build..... even so....... and who in the hell runs 5 12's i wanna see the ohm load on that

4 12's are hooked up, and one is acting as a passive/seal so it is at 1 ohm

Wait if your gettin it in 2 years and ur going to be 16 that means now ur just 14?!?!

=)

yea, i dont know if its been asked, but do you have the money for this or are your parents going to be buying this stuff for you? money changes a lot of plans...

getting a job this summer. $1800 for insurance is going into the bank before i buy the woofers, along with $600 for gas

Just an FYI for your friend, he'd need a heck of a lot more cone area for it to work as a passive radiator. One 12" out of 5 isn't going to do it.

Just an FYI for your friend, he'd need a heck of a lot more cone area for it to work as a passive radiator. One 12" out of 5 isn't going to do it.

I bet it goes boom like so :suicide-santa:

nah it isnt meant to be, it is just better that a 12 inch hole in the box. the woofers cone is cracked because of my favorite song at max volume...(pop trunk wave, by trae)

wha???

the first note is way louder than the rest of the song so when it hit and i had the volume up , it cracked the brand new woofer

as Jim stated, 1 PR of the same type is not going to get done what is needed with 4 others of the same size.

You won't listed, but take the advice of the folks here. Spend your time and money on women... or maybe a nice roth IRA.

You won't listed, but take the advice of the folks here. Spend your time and money on women... or maybe a nice roth IRA.

If you spend time and money on your woman, I can assure you that she will come with full/partial benefits.

either one is still good :D