Sign in to follow this  
RL-i8_Mr._Jones

customer service....

I sent a email and wrote to a person from aa about a re cone kit about 2 weeks ago and have not got a response back...you have a great product but you guys made the subs wrong, on 2 of mine I have 4 aa 8's and 2 of them have uncentered voice coils so i wanted to re cone to fix this prob with out spending the money to send them in, if some one could help me that would be great. But for now I am a slight un happy customer. I under stand that fi and aa r busy but its been about 2 weeks... but again if I can get a re-pile back it would be great

Thanks, Craig Jones

Edited by RL-i8_Mr._Jones

Never got an email..first time i've been in the AA section in a long time..

What do you mean by they have 'unentered voice coils?'

Are they the new 8's or are they the older ones before we built them?

um i think they r new bought them from ssa this year and i ment uncentered but all i need to know how much the recone is

Don't understand what you mean they aren't centered...

Did they stop working?

Don't understand what your saying...they're scraping? How? Like they are touching each other?

Nick, I think he hears coil rub... Idk maybe they got damaged in shipping.

could have sworn that you said tinsels in your original post..or one of them...or maybe i'm going nuts lol.

Could you take a picture of it? Don't see how it could have been off center, we test every one we build for noise issues or rubbing..

wow wha?t they r at my buddies cuz i let him put them in his car

You let him put them in his car in their current "scraping uncentered" condition? Maybe he goofed them up.

ummm no it hapend when we got them meaning they came like that we run the 2 good ones and keep the bad ones out i have 4 of them and really it doesn't pucking matter all i wan't r god damn re cone kits lol i need a price and what comes with them

also you can tell the good one form she chit one..the good ones look clean and the chit look like well chit there is glue everywhere on the basket just looks nasty so who every made these had a bad day but fudge it i know chit happens

I had a few Poly's do the same scrap noise. The cone was off-centered. Chad replaced them for me quick, but this was before this whole change in the company.

at least i am not the only one that had a fudge up...well liek i said i wanna know 3 things what comes if i buy the recone kit how much it is and how much would it be is i sent them in. then i can be happy and go on with my audio life lol

if you're worried about glue all over the place, I would send them to Fi. A recone isn't a beginners task.

ya true it dont care if it looks good as long as they preform good so if guleis everywhere but they osund good owell and my buddie willdo the recone i am to dumb to do it lol

at least i am not the only one that had a fudge up...well liek i said i wanna know 3 things what comes if i buy the recone kit how much it is and how much would it be is i sent them in. then i can be happy and go on with my audio life lol

The recone kit includes the soft parts

Cost is whatever Nick says it is (idk as I don't work for Fi)

The cost for Fi to do it is the cost of the kit plus shipping.

That's why i'm asking for pictures because if it is a warranty issue then we will take care of it. If i see pictures of it and i notice what we call abuse then the warranty does not cover it.

Or if all else fails you can always send it in if you don't want to do the recone yourself. I honestly don't see how one got out of our place with glue all over it and what not...that's really weird.

Sign in to follow this