Sign in to follow this  
-SuperiorSounds-

Stereo Integrity Magnum excursion pic

Hey guys its Max here :D

I just thought I'd post and let you see for yourselves what the Magnum can really do when it comes to excursion, even though, strictly speaking, excursion isnt really that important, especially if you consider how important other parameters are.

Anyhow. This a picture if a Mag 12" running off an RF1500bd in 1.8cubes tuned to around 30hz.

Also, I thought Id let you know that we hit 141.7dB on the Termlab the other weekend with the Mag too, thanks to my buddy Bill's Termlab sensor :)

You can all keep your RE's, eD's, JL's, RF's, Kickers - cos this thing does everything you'd want it to. Regardless what people think of its musical ability (a subjective subject), mic's all over hjave shown that this thing pounds like nobodys business! :D:D

Oh and this is the tame shot. Add like another 20% onto the excursion you see, at least ;)

post-190-1098474922_thumb.jpg

post-190-1098475006_thumb.jpg

Hey guys its Max here :D

I just thought I'd post and let you see for yourselves what the Magnum can really do when it comes to excursion, even though, strictly speaking, excursion isnt really that important, especially if you consider how important other parameters are.

Anyhow. This a picture if a Mag 12" running off an RF1500bd in 1.8cubes tuned to around 30hz.

Also, I thought Id let you know that we hit 141.7dB on the Termlab the other weekend with the Mag too, thanks to my buddy Bill's Termlab sensor :)

You can all keep your RE's, eD's, JL's, RF's, Kickers - cos this thing does everything you'd want it to. Regardless what people think of its musical ability (a subjective subject), mic's all over hjave shown that this thing pounds like nobodys business! :D:D

Oh and this is the tame shot. Add like another 20% onto the excursion you see, at least ;)

Nice one dude :)

I think it was moving more in the bigger box tho ! it was proper flying, yet pretty comtrolled, i will have 6 please :P:D

MY buddy's MAG moves like crazy in a lil 2.3 cube enclosure. But I am the king of stroking!

Max....give it a 20hz tune...be careful though.....you haven't seen ANYTHING until you see a Mag move under tuning :)

Nice one dude :)

I think it was moving more in the bigger box tho ! it was proper flying, yet pretty comtrolled, i will have 6 please :P:D

Holy cr@p, how did you get here :P

Welcome Bill :D

Bill's the guy with the Terlab Sensor guys, and loves his bass like nobody I have seen before. ;):D

First Tej appears out of nowhere, then you surpise me :D

Oh and Clark, we have tried the Mag below tuning to - with buttloads of power and it wasnt complaining ;)

Max....give it a 20hz tune...be careful though.....you haven't seen ANYTHING until you see a Mag move under tuning :)

I was able to make my 12 "tap"...ehehehehe

your images? you got em off me fool :P i've had this avatar ever since i was on this forum :P

in fact, i'm sure i already posted the vid of those pics you've posted, but the hosting is currently down :(:D

i cant wait to get hold of a 15" magnum :D

bah, the xmax of the xxx is killin that.

32mm and i'm sure the Mt has more than that.

bah, the xmax of the xxx is killin that.

32mm and i'm sure the Mt has more than that.

So? This thread is about Mags. :P

Go post about your XXX on CA.com... :lol:

Ok, we obviously have somebody here who doesnt know very much about subs.

Xmax is never the deciding factor as to how good a sub is.

Remember the Cerwin Vega Stroker? It wasnt big on xmax......but it sure as hell was one of the loudest subs for quite some time..........

Oh and from what I have seen, in many cases a Magnum will hit louder on the mic than an XXX for the simple reason that the Mag is more efficient - even though the XXX may have more xmax.

;)