techaninna

NightTime

Heres a video I took today sounds crappy on cheap camera but you get the point. I got a couple more uploading and I will post them tonight. BTW Happy fathers day. Let me know what you think.

th_100_0842.jpg

Nice. I love how factory it looks.

That was the original plan but its a little darker than the factory panels.

Sweet.

One of the nicest installs I've seen in a while.

Thanks

ah i wish i had an Avy just for that. A freind of mine did the same thing (without the awesome subs, the sweet box with fiberglass, and the amazing amp, lol) in his avy. Yours looks awesome.

Just a side question, but 2 1500s can be ran off of a 140 amp alternator?

ah i wish i had an Avy just for that. A freind of mine did the same thing (without the awesome subs, the sweet box with fiberglass, and the amazing amp, lol) in his avy. Yours looks awesome.

Just a side question, but 2 1500s can be ran off of a 140 amp alternator?

Honestly I'm not sure but I am hoping that with 145 alt plus 2 powermaster d2400's, ran at 2 ohm strapped (1ohm each amp) I will be ok. If not I have access to a dual alt bracket then I will run dual ad244s (optional GM alt) if needed. I'm pretty sure Derrik824 runs two 1500's strapped at 1 ohm (.5 each amp) on a single factory with 3 group 31 optima batteries alt, not 100 percent sure so don't quote me on that.

Nice man, makes me wish I could afford a pair right now :(

A week now and I'm still impressed. Just save up till you can get them, they are worth the wait IMO.

Nice man, makes me wish I could afford a pair right now :(

A week now and I'm still impressed. Just save up till you can get them, they are worth the wait IMO.

Indeed I will already got that ball in motion. Quick question, I was a lil confused reading the thread, are you powering them with a pair of 1500ds in the vids or just a single one?

Indeed I will already got that ball in motion. Quick question, I was a lil confused reading the thread, are you powering them with a pair of 1500ds in the vids or just a single one?

In the videos just one 1500 I don't have the electrical at the moment to support two.

I'm pretty sure Derrik824 runs two 1500's strapped at 1 ohm (.5 each amp) on a single factory with 3 group 31 optima batteries alt, not 100 percent sure so don't quote me on that.

I'm currently still using the original 15yr old factory 95a alt in my Explorer. Its been clamped at putting out a lil over 100a at full tilt and its holding up alright. On heavy notes at full tilt its never dropped below 12.9v. I do have a lot of reserve capacity with the 3 g31s though and I'm also not the type to listen to my music in the 150db range all day every day.

I also ran a pair of 1500s strapped @ 1.3ohms in my '06 Yukon w/ the factory 160a alt, red top under the hood, and a pair of g31s in the back. On heavy notes at full tilt I saw drops to 11.9 but never any worse. That setup I would demo regularly at full tilt during comps and everything held up fine.

Got to see this in person yesterday at Slamology. Helped him out a little and he ended up getting first in Street C. Did a great job. I havet forgot what I told you and I'm gonna work on it!

Got to see this in person yesterday at Slamology. Helped him out a little and he ended up getting first in Street C. Did a great job. I havet forgot what I told you and I'm gonna work on it!

Thanks man I had fun and hopefully will get a little more time on the meter before I go to my next comp. If everything works out I will be in Ft. Wayne on the 13th of July.

i run 2 strapped at 2 ohm on a 15 BTL in my cadillac deville on 2 deka intimidators and a redtop and i have no problems... never seen voltage drop lower than 12.9 and i crank mine. i will never use another amp again. still trying to figure a way to get 2 nightshade 15s or 3 nightshade 12s on a extra 1500d i'm thinking about getting. i have a ohiogen one-off 225 amp alt on standby. awesome amps.