Naledge503

BJ Fishers Enclosures are fireproof??

Heres what happened. I sold the Q's and enclosure yesterday to the guy. It sounded damn nice in his jeep too. He just bought the jeep last Thursday btw. He said he went to sleep and got woke up to see this....

burnedjeep.jpg

The Q's baskets sitting in the enclosure...

burnedQs.jpg

The amp is leaning against the enclosure...

burnedboxnamp.jpg

I guess the firefighters said that the fire started from a faulty rear dome light. I feel so bad for him. The amp was actually mine. I let him borrow it until his AQ2200d gets here on the 10th. He's giving me the AQ2200d when it gets here. I feel so bad for the guy.

Heres the original thread.

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/491237.html

I believe so. I've got most receipts for him. The only one I dont have happens to be for the Q's. I emailed Scott and Nick and hopefully they can help me out on their end. I bought the Q's in November 06' so we will see.

Acts of God I don't think are covered, but something tells me they are gonna help ya out man.

Sorry to hear of the luck

Acts of God I don't think are covered, but something tells me they are gonna help ya out man.

Sorry to hear of the luck

I sold the Q's and the enclosure to the guy who owns/owned the jeep yesterday. He just bought the jeep last Thursday. He was borrowing my amp, so he is giving me an AQ2200D that he ordered a couple of days ago and is supposed to be here on the 10th. He said that the firefighter told him that it started from faulty wiring in the rear dome light. I guess the asphalt melted too but the enclosure was still in one piece lol.

Edited by Naledge503

**accidently double posted. Dont know how to delete the post.

Edited by Naledge503

acts of god are covered here :D

but our insurance is chit anyway.

Edited by ddeitz

I doubt he'll get anything for the subs and amp unless he had specific coverage for the stereo. Otherwise insurance companies normally don't cover anything that's not in a stock location. When I had my car broken into they wouldn't give me anything for my subs and amps but gave me retail - depreciation for my head unit and interior speakers.

That is horrible.

faulry rear dome light sounds like a MNFG issue.

If I were him I would lean on the MNFG for a big fat check. Think if him or kids were in or near the truck. They let it leave the plant that way...

They would probably pay for a gag order to silence him from starting the "flamingfaultyjeeps.com" web site he is about to create.

I doubt he'll get anything for the subs and amp unless he had specific coverage for the stereo. Otherwise insurance companies normally don't cover anything that's not in a stock location. When I had my car broken into they wouldn't give me anything for my subs and amps but gave me retail - depreciation for my head unit and interior speakers.

He says they are, so we shall see. I know there are a lot of different types of coverage. And they vary from state to state too. I hope they help him out.

faulry rear dome light sounds like a MNFG issue.

If I were him I would lean on the MNFG for a big fat check. Think if him or kids were in or near the truck. They let it leave the plant that way...

They would probably pay for a gag order to silence him from starting the "flamingfaultyjeeps.com" web site he is about to create.

lol....so true.

I think it depends on the year of the vehicle on whether it was a manufacturing issue or not. If it's within a year or two old, maybe. But much older than that and you just can't tell I'm afraid. I mean who knows if he hit a bump real hard, or somebody accidently punched the dome light or something, and a wire broke loose and eventually sparked on stuff and started the fire.

and also, I think the box not burning might have to do with it being made of like 75% glue in the MDF, and I don't think glue likes to burn, just melt if it gets hot enough.

Edited by KU40

A recone??? lol jk sorry had to say it.

well on the bright side, BJ fisher has a new claim to fame. Good job BJ, lol

well on the bright side, BJ fisher has a new claim to fame. Good job BJ, lol

Haha. Thanks Mark ;)

Should have a few more build logs up soon. Getting really busy again...

its not MDF...its Trupan-light.