///M5

12" Sub geared more for output

Not my thing, but my sister wants some output. Looking for a sub for her boat. Nothing magical to blend with, just a set of tbd comps and an amplifier.

Have 350w @ 4ohms (or 175x2 @ 2ohms) on tap and up to a few cuft to put it in. Would prefer loud for playing hip-hop, but at least mildly musical as I won't build a box for a fart cannon as it would piss me off too much. This one will be ported.

Budget, less is more but $200 tops. New, used, a pair, or unusual is all fine with me :)

I'd love a Maw, but the coils don't work for the power we have :( Same problem with the SD's.

At the moment, I am leaning towards a 12" JBL GTO for $50 but would love to kick it up a notch from there. Any recommendations?

idmax 12

sorry, I don't know retail on these.. so it might be a tad too much.

Isn't she a bit short on power for a max?

12" rl-i or even a 10"

i have a pair of clarion 8s that are single 2, same thing as a re 8. i'd sell those to ya pretty cheap if interested.

memphis pr subs. mainstreme, but for the money, only the maw has impressed me more. and they get loud!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Probably true. I'm not a low power sub guy. lol

I like the 12" Rli idea, of course it requires one being for sale. Even though I know better I don't think she will be keen on dual 8's. More likely a 15, but I am not sure I want to try and stuff one down in her hatch :)

i know it's a 15...but it should work sealed in 3cubes...

there is also an 15" ICON in the F/S area for $200.

both will give ya room for power upgrades, muhahahahahahahahaa

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I am not sure I want to try and stuff one down in her hatch :)

lmao.....that's just too funny.

i though mike had a couple of rl-i 12 or a similiar sub still? i'll have to hit him up about it. timeline?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Image Dynamics ID 12 D2

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...mp;#entry384363

^^^ good option

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I am going to have to re-measure to see if I can fit the Mag although is 350w enough for it?

not optimal, sure. but it's like any good sub, it doesn't always need rms power to do it's thing. teh 15" proto i played with i threw in 2.5ft^3 ported and enjoyed it. it got crazy low in a box that is supposed to be too small. i can't remember the power i gave it though.

too be honest, i didn't pay attention to the size of the sub until i posted the link, lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I have two 12'' Kappa Perfects for sale on here for $150 for the pair. Single 4 ohm, would only use 2 cubes sealed.

lol damnit KHARPS, i was just going to post your link...

also, johncon has a pair of pioneer 12's that'll work (as a pair) and well within your budget.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

They're 10's actually.. but it'd give you more room over all to build a box for two vs one.

damn, i can't read today. sorry about that john....

but still a good option, methinks

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=17928

last link sean, i promise.

lol damnit KHARPS, i was just going to post your link...

also, johncon has a pair of pioneer 12's that'll work (as a pair) and well within your budget.

Haha, thanks mrray for trying to help me get these sold.....I appreciate it.

Kent you could put a 100 more links in here and it would be okay with me. :)

I will also be the first to agree that you don't have to give a sub anywhere near its rated power; however, this isn't for me and considering the lack of available battery/alternator and that it will be used mostly while floating I am trying to get the most bang for the buck out of the power that is there. If not, I would have already bought that Mag for sure.

I ruled out Kharps & John's for sales just based on coils and running more than one driver before making this thread, obviously I'd prefer to buy here though.

I also know my sister and whatever I choose will stay in her boat until it dies or they sell it so I want to pick well. :{

I'm not trying to pressure you but one Kappa Perfect would be a 4 ohm load and it is rated for 350 rms, perfect match :drink40:

Kicker CVX 12 d2

Kappa Perfect VQ

Type R's

RE SR12 d2 (125 on ikesound even though you guys hate that place)

(125 on ikesound even though you guys hate that place)

Hard not to hate a company that continuously scams people out of their money.

I'm not trying to pressure you but one Kappa Perfect would be a 4 ohm load and it is rated for 350 rms, perfect match :drink40:

No pressure taken. I personally haven't had good experiences with the Infinity subs otherwise I would have bought one of yours and never made the thread.

I am going to try and get a little more money out of her for some more power and buy MK's Kicker 400.1, as doing power at 2ohms instead of 4 makes things a bit easier.

how about a kicker 10L5 d2. you said she is looking for output over SQ. I installed one of these in a 1.8 cu ft ported to 34 hz, powered off of a cheap pioneer rated at 380 @ 4 and it is loud and still musical(somewhat) I picked it up for him new off of e-bay for 110.00 shipped

just another option

Chad