///M5

12" Sub geared more for output

SI BM? IXL? I'm not sure what impedances they are available in though.

Hold out for the IXL 12? If there is something our distro has I will help out. ;)

Hold out for the IXL 12? If there is something our distro has I will help out. ;)

LOL, I have an IXL 12 :D

I think the next step is to "con" her into more power :)

LOL, I have an IXL 12 :D

I think the next step is to "con" her into more power :)

Crap I forgot. But if you need anything on the cheap made by one of the major names, wink wink. ;)

Kent you could put a 100 more links in here and it would be okay with me. :)

I will also be the first to agree that you don't have to give a sub anywhere near its rated power; however, this isn't for me and considering the lack of available battery/alternator and that it will be used mostly while floating I am trying to get the most bang for the buck out of the power that is there. If not, I would have already bought that Mag for sure.

I ruled out Kharps & John's for sales just based on coils and running more than one driver before making this thread, obviously I'd prefer to buy here though.

I also know my sister and whatever I choose will stay in her boat until it dies or they sell it so I want to pick well. :{

what about the memphis pr series? great drivers for teh price and at that power?? awesome warranty too! (if bought authorized)

also, i have a kicker 400.1 sitting here, pm me an offer?

did you look into that last link? sundown sd's, at a good price.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

The Sundown impedance wouldn't work with the current amplifier. The amp I still need to talk my sis into :)

The Sundown impedance wouldn't work with the current amplifier. The amp I still need to talk my sis into :)

If you end up wanting one sd1-12, I'll sell you mine at no profit. I really have no plans for it, I bought it b/c the price was right.

are you still looking for a sub? if so i have an AA atlas 15, xbl^2 motor, svc4 ohm but has another coil to adjust the qts. will work perfect sealed or ported. 350w would be enough for it although in a good box it could take around 500. let me know if your interrested.

i didn't even pay attention to that. sorry.

how much you trying to get her to spend on an amp? i've got that big belle jsut sitting here, hehe...5 channels of pure sonic pleasure.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

sean didn't you say 350 watts at 4 ohms?

yes, he did.

btw, 350@4 vs 400@2, isn't going to be noticable. also, the 2ohm load is going to be a bit harder on the boat compared to the 4 ohm load and similiar power. that just hit me in the forehead, lol. i know it's not much of an impact on the electrical, but it is still there.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yes, he did.

btw, 350@4 vs 400@2, isn't going to be noticable. also, the 2ohm load is going to be a bit harder on the boat compared to the 4 ohm load and similiar power. that just hit me in the forehead, lol. i know it's not much of an impact on the electrical, but it is still there.

I was simply implying that 350 watts at 4 ohms would probably be enough for my sd1-12".

yes, he did.

I was simply implying that 350 watts at 4 ohms would probably be enough for my sd1-12".

lol, the second part of my post wasn't directed at you, sorry.

he has stated that this is going in boat and electrical is a bit of a concern. also, he mentioned that going to 2ohm would open the door to other subs, but there are a crap ton of svc4 and d2 subs out there. i'm just not sure if spending anymore money on an amp, for 50wrms, is going to be the answer. especially considering the electrical.

again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yes, he did.

lol, the second part of my post wasn't directed at you, sorry.

he has stated that this is going in boat and electrical is a bit of a concern. also, he mentioned that going to 2ohm would open the door to other subs, but there are a crap ton of svc4 and d2 subs out there. i'm just not sure if spending anymore money on an amp, for 50wrms, is going to be the answer. especially considering the electrical.

again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I know, that's why I figured my sub would be perfect @ 8 ohms. lol

It would be for me, but I think her whole goal would be to maximize output.

ya know, lol....

i have a kicker cvx 15, in ported box, and a hifonics nemesis 750d strapped to it, i'd let go cheap. it would be perfect, hehe.....

box is 3cubes net before sub and port displacement. 17.5x16x24, 3/4mdf. IIRC, tuned about 35, give or take.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

stereo integrity BM.