Sign in to follow this  

I will be running a 15" SI Mag in a 3.5cuft box tuned to 30hz and should be running a set of Hybrid Audio Technology Clarus C61-2 components.

I'm trying to achieve a nice SQ oriented set-up that can still deliver a nice little kick.

I have it narrowed to either:

The Audison LRX 1.400 for the Mag and the Audison LRX 2.250 for the components.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=4224

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=4287

Or

The Focal FP1.800 for the Mag and the Focal FP2.150 for the components.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=4481

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=4480

Can anyone help me decide which direction I should go? I tried to do some research myself through Google and came up with some threads comparing these brands but it seemed almost like it was a split.

Any help will be appreciated.

I didn't even know Focal made amps.. they look sweet though.

The Audison's have proven performance, I can't comment on the FP's though.. so I'd search for some reviews with Google.

Same here, would choose Audison because they have been in the amplifier industry for MUCH longer than focal.

Not saying anything bad about them.

I'd personally take a step back and save some dough on the amps and put it into the installation. Way more bang for the buck there.

I'd personally take a step back and save some dough on the amps and put it into the installation. Way more bang for the buck there.

Care to explain more? I already have the Mag installed and I love it so I am keeping it. I debated saving more and doing a system of about 3krms but I don't want to do electrical upgrades. So thats why I'm sticking to around 1krms.

I'll do some more research on the Focal amps as well on Google.

Edited by Yanks Fan

And I know that Focal Amps had a few run in's (ie. blown amps) when they first came out. I can't remember exactly who makes focal amps but I'm pretty sure they are oem'd for focal (ie another company designs them).

i also suggest going sundown and spending more money/time on install.

i also suggest going sundown and spending more money/time on install.

That was my point. Neither of your original options are worth the extra dough to me.

Focal's don't look like much on the inside :shrug:

Definately not worth the ridiculous prices.

Especially compared to the Audison's.

And the Audisons are hardly worth the retail price on them

Alright, fair enough guys. Thanks for the info. Looks like the way to go is Audison or to choose a cheaper route like Sundown. The Sundown 1000D shows up at $400 in the shop (I know it can be cheaper). And I'm pretty sure Sundown doesn't offer an amp that does about 150rms x 2 at 4 ohms do they?

Alright, fair enough guys. Thanks for the info. Looks like the way to go is Audison or to choose a cheaper route like Sundown. The Sundown 1000D shows up at $400 in the shop (I know it can be cheaper). And I'm pretty sure Sundown doesn't offer an amp that does about 150rms x 2 at 4 ohms do they?

Both of the sundown multi-channel offerings are underrated. I believe the 100.2 does 125x2

And the Audisons are hardly worth the retail price on them

I haven't seen the Audison retail prices :peepwall:

But I know what a friend payed for his VRX1.500. Ridiculous.

Both of the sundown multi-channel offerings are underrated. I believe the 100.2 does 125x2

And 125 to 150 won't make a difference :)

Just click add to shopping cart and you will get the discounted price. ;)

And 125 to 150 won't make a difference :)

This is true. Guess I have some thinking to do then.

I actually meant to ask how I got the discounted price lol. Thanks Denim. BTW Denim, a few people on ecoustics (don't laugh guys lol) and I are trying to get a little meet together on July 26th either in PA or in Northern VA. If your interested, I can keep you updated.

Edited by Yanks Fan

Ok, sounds like an idea.