Ok I was looking at my trunk and if I want to make a 8 cubic foot box the only way I am going to be able to do it is make an odd shaped box ported, or do aeroports. I am just wondering how I would tune a 8 cubic foot box after displacement for 32 hz with aeroports. I am kinda new to these and I was looking at info on how to use them and I am just majorly confused.

They have a handy calculator that will help you figure out your port length too.

With 8 cubes a couple of 6" aero's should work well, or a bunch of 4"

Just remember, if you use their calculator for more than one port each port needs to be the length they give you.

What are the disadvantages of this? It seems like an easy way to make a port without sacrificing so much box space, so if it was as flawless as it seems then everyone would do it.

Cost is about the only disadvantage I can think of. I love aero's. For 8 cubic feet you will want more than 2 4".

When using them remember to take into account displacement of the aeroport like any other port. Aeroports decrease needed port area as well.

for 8^3ft, 2 4" ports should be fine.

If he goes to 2x 6", the length nearly triples.

If you're worried about port noise, then do 3x 4" flared at 10.48"

for 8^3ft, 2 4" ports should be fine.

If he goes to 2x 6", the length nearly triples.

If you're worried about port noise, then do 3x 4" flared at 10.48"

for real? what would you suggest for 3.5cf net then? i was thinking 2 4inch ports but now im thinking maybe 1 5inch port would be enough.

The only thing that will determain hom many of these ports you will need is what drivers you choose. If you are sticking a couple of 12s in there that don't have much displacement than a pair of 4" Areos would be fine. But I assume that this may be for an 18 or a few 15s because it will be 8 cubic feet... If that is the case, you may really need 4 4" Areos or a pair of 6" aeros... So, figure out what sub(s) you will be using, that will determain the amount of ports (port area) you will need, the box size doesn't have anything to do with it.

Why doesn't everyone use Aeros? They are great until you need a port that is 40" long, then they aren't so great anymore and you end up building the port out of something more practical. But for short port lengths, say 18-20 inches or shorter, they work pretty damn good. I have used maybe 50 or so... Quick and easy....

The only thing that will determain hom many of these ports you will need is what drivers you choose. If you are sticking a couple of 12s in there that don't have much displacement than a pair of 4" Areos would be fine. But I assume that this may be for an 18 or a few 15s because it will be 8 cubic feet... If that is the case, you may really need 4 4" Areos or a pair of 6" aeros... So, figure out what sub(s) you will be using, that will determain the amount of ports (port area) you will need, the box size doesn't have anything to do with it.

Why doesn't everyone use Aeros? They are great until you need a port that is 40" long, then they aren't so great anymore and you end up building the port out of something more practical. But for short port lengths, say 18-20 inches or shorter, they work pretty damn good. I have used maybe 50 or so... Quick and easy....

That and cutting 6 inch diameter pvc isn't always fun.

Ok I have seen boxes with the ports sticking out of the boxes, how does this work? Wouldn't his still give the same port length but without sacrificing box space?

External ports are fine. :)

External ports are fine. :)

si' . :)