Azachata

Need Some Advice!

ok. right now i currently have 2 12 inch PG xs series subs that hit pretty hard. but, i want MORE. in feb-march, im thinking im gonna re-do the sub part of my system, so im looking for suggestions as to what brands i should look at. i do want to compete, but, correct me if im wrong, but if you have 15 inchers your in a different class right? i would want to stick with eather 2 or 4 12's, or possibly 2 15's if i can get some killer LSQ/spl from them. these subs would be daily drivers, but not turned all the way up. thanks for all the replys!

Two Brahmas will definitely be louder and cleaner. Can take alot more power as well. Very nice subs.

Add another one of those RF amps you have and then you'll power those brahmas fairly good.

Depending on which organization you compete with, the classes and rules are different.

I dont know much about Brahmas, but RE is still a cheaper sub to buy then a mainstream brand and the SX or SE would be great for you.

well there about the same price range. i think one is 369 and the other around 350.

but i would go wt the xxx.

well there about the same price range. i think one is 369 and the other around 350.

but i would go wt the xxx.

I second the RE XXX sub. I just picked up mine today (with the aid of a fork truck), looks very promising. Although im using mine for SQ and not SPL.

Just a note, The xxx 12" weighs AT LEAST 60 pounds. I could not beleive the weight of it, heavier then my DD 9515!!

The xxx are good sq subs and they get loud.

An XXX12 weighs in at 53 pounds and 9515 was 50 pounds. But my 9515 was a C series. Not sure what they weigh now. So yeah, they XXX is heavier.

what does weight have to do wt any thing?

More impessive looking of course! Case in point, look at the Audiobahn AWT series. One of the more heavier subs its SPL capabilities isn't worth anything.

lmao, if you guys say so.

i'm going to atach extra magets to my sub when i get it and its gonna weigh like, 100 pounds. then i'll be cool

Thanks. yes i was looking at (pardon the pun) sub-$400 subs, but i want something that will last me awhile. ive also recently been looking at the Alpine type X....any good?

Thanks. yes i was looking at (pardon the pun) sub-$400 subs, but i want something that will last me awhile. ive also recently been looking at the Alpine type X....any good?

check out the soundsplinter forum

I have not messed with the Alpine at all, it comes across as a W7 copy that is really late to market

yeah the xmax and sound quality dont compare at all to the brahma and XXX or even the SX. You might want to look into those as well, the RE SX.

I don't know how anyone can settle on drivers anymore. There's just too much out there to choose from. I'm working on an all 1-brand install for my Cobra and it's a toss-up between JBL and Aura. JBL gets the edge in the price bracket and availability, yet I've always liked all the Neo drivers I've had from Aura. I'm just itching to try those Neo subs they have. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH Damn hobby!