ok so i originally planned on 2 hifinics 2608s but was advised against it.....so any recommendations. and price is a huge factor so the cheaper is nicer

you can get a few amps that will give you more clean power. you didnt list a budget

i can do 400 an amp or maybe a bit more but right in that range.

400 an amp??? no no i mean total budget for sub amps.... is it 400 or 800.

oooooo my bad. 400 an amp 800 total. if its less than that GREAT if its a bit more i can bite the bullet

oooooo my bad. 400 an amp 800 total. if its less than that GREAT if its a bit more i can bite the bullet

saz 3000dif you can find a used one.... i know of 1 on ssa around that price...

also the kicker 2500

umm i have even read BETTER things about crunchs 3000 watt... but i would use that as a last resort.

also the kicker 2500

umm i have even read BETTER things about crunchs 3000 watt... but i would use that as a last resort.

ok thanks ill shop around and see what i can find from that list...just wondering though why the hate for hifonics?

also the kicker 2500

ok thanks ill shop around and see what i can find from that list...just wondering though why the hate for hifonics?

over rated, for one thing.. and when i buy an amp i like it to perform well. you can search hifonics here on ssa... alot of people here have the same views... there are ALOT of reasons.

a saz 1500d would be alot better imo you can catch a new one for 4 sumthing right now..... dont wait... buy now u wont be sorry.

So what if Hifonics are overrated? I fail to see how putting out a few watts shy of advertised bench specs in the real world makes it a bad amp when it is still a really good deal for the amount of power that it DOES put out. Tell me which amp is a better deal: one that is rated at 200W and does 500w and costs $300 or one that is rated at 600w does 500w and costs $275?

Way too many poeple get way to wrapped up in the rated vs actual power thing rather than the actual power vs price thing.

i got a Rockford Fosgate T30001bd I'm going to be selling soon. 700+ shipping and is yours. Rated at 3000w @1ohm with a 3688w @14.4v birthsheet

So what if Hifonics are overrated? I fail to see how putting out a few watts shy of advertised bench specs in the real world makes it a bad amp when it is still a really good deal for the amount of power that it DOES put out. Tell me which amp is a better deal: one that is rated at 200W and does 500w and costs $300 or one that is rated at 600w does 500w and costs $275?

Way too many poeple get way to wrapped up in the rated vs actual power thing rather than the actual power vs price thing.

whoa whoa whoa... i was stoned and i didnt wanna get all into it.. there are many many reasons why i dislike hifonics...... MANY.... you dont have any??? perhaps you should buy a few hifonics amps and see how you like blowing your money on repairs, and down time while your amp is away for 11 months at repair.

and buying MORE amps because you tryed to save a few bucks and buy a hifonics in the first place..... i still dont wanna get into this..

i know a hand full of people here who have reasons.......

i got a Rockford Fosgate T30001bd I'm going to be selling soon. 700+ shipping and is yours. Rated at 3000w @1ohm with a 3688w @14.4v birthsheet

a bit out of my range

Not just hate, but I havent seen one person that can show actual proof by testing one and then showing the results that they suck. I have read twenty threads now saying there garbage but not one person who said it actually owned one or at least proved it. Looking at the guts from the SAZ amps and the 2608d looks the same to me! grant it I dont have a SAZ amp in my hands to check the actual components to see if there high quality or the same. Ofc every person who has a SAZ is going to say there high quality components but do they have actual proof where the parts come from? The fact is most if not all parts are from oversee's just some companys hand build them here and some don't. I paid 410.00 for mine so after hearing it today I was happy.

Not really any of my buisness but why was this removed, the guy is stating his opinion & maybe even facts, nobody knows but sundown what & where there products come from.

I don't believe it was even meant as a shot at sundown everybody knows that they produce GREAT amps, he's just saying & I feel the same way that everybody & there brother say that hifonics don't do there rated power, all he is asking is that someone PROVE IT not once have I seen this theroy proved or disproved.

I think that's a little bit ridiculous, forums are made for opinions & debates, right or wrong ?

Anyway went to babbling a little bit but what good is a forum if a person can't state how he/she feels or even debate it, This post should have been left alone UNLESS he got disproved by actual testing then kept arguing like most of these idiots do anyways.

Edited by bigdog829

Thanks man! I will continue to recommend these amps to people until someone can show actual proof that they are not worth the money. Like helotaxi said why would you pay 500 bucks for an amp that does 300rms when you can get one that say's it does 500rms but actualy does 300rms for 200bucks?

i'd be glad to test any amp and i'd do it in car, not on a bench either so better real world stats if anyone has an amp around the Louisville area....

Not just hate, but I havent seen one person that can show actual proof by testing one and then showing the results that they suck. I have read twenty threads now saying there garbage but not one person who said it actually owned one or at least proved it. Looking at the guts from the SAZ amps and the 2608d looks the same to me! grant it I dont have a SAZ amp in my hands to check the actual components to see if there high quality or the same. Ofc every person who has a SAZ is going to say there high quality components but do they have actual proof where the parts come from? The fact is most if not all parts are from oversee's just some companys hand build them here and some don't. I paid 410.00 for mine so after hearing it today I was happy.

Not really any of my buisness but why was this removed, the guy is stating his opinion & maybe even facts, nobody knows but sundown what & where there products come from.

I don't believe it was even meant as a shot at sundown everybody knows that they produce GREAT amps, he's just saying & I feel the same way that everybody & there brother say that hifonics don't do there rated power, all he is asking is that someone PROVE IT not once have I seen this theroy proved or disproved.

I think that's a little bit ridiculous, forums are made for opinions & debates, right or wrong ?

Anyway went to babbling a little bit but what good is a forum if a person can't state how he/she feels or even debate it, This post should have been left alone UNLESS he got disproved by actual testing then kept arguing like most of these idiots do anyways.

well this topic started cuz i was asking peoples opinions for what kind of amps i should use

well this topic started cuz i was asking peoples opinions for what kind of amps i should use

I didnt ask why the thread was created, I asked why cr@sh had his post deleted or moved because he stated his opinion, I didn't really need to ask why when I know why, It was because in his example he used sundown wich I already stated was a GREAT amp, but while using them as a example he offended one of the SUNDOWN (****riders),I hate to be like that because this site seems to not go the route of profanity,arguing & flaming plus that's not my style, but that's the only way to put it bluntly.

Sorry if I offended anyone but I find it offensive to me to see a guy's post removed by a mod here that is supposed to keep the site clean & such only to use his powers to delete & or remove posts/threads because somebody made there opinion & used a brand the he knows & loves as the example.

Like I said I know cr@sh was not taking a shot at sundown personally it was just an amp he used as an example, plain & simple.

i'd be glad to test any amp and i'd do it in car, not on a bench either so better real world stats if anyone has an amp around the Louisville area....

I wish I was within reasonable driving distance from you, I would personally bring you a BXI2008D because as I have not tested one I highly doubt they are as far underated as all claim they are.

Maybe if these gas prices ever go down it would be worth a nice drive in the Caddy to make a weekend trip & get this done, maybe have a few drinks on you ........... hahahaha

Edited by bigdog829

ok so i originally planned on 2 hifinics 2608s but was advised against it.....so any recommendations. and price is a huge factor so the cheaper is nicer

You can look into this one, http://cgi.ebay.com/Earthquake-PH2000W-D1-...1QQcmdZViewItem

But, you could get two Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D's for $850.00 at SSA's shop and stap them for 3000 rms at 2 ohms!

That is within your reach man!

I didnt ask why the thread was created, I asked why cr@sh had his post deleted or moved because he stated his opinion, I didn't really need to ask why when I know why, It was because in his example he used sundown wich I already stated was a GREAT amp, but while using them as a example he offended one of the SUNDOWN (****riders),I hate to be like that because this site seems to not go the route of profanity,arguing & flaming plus that's not my style, but that's the only way to put it bluntly.

Sorry if I offended anyone but I find it offensive to me to see a guy's post removed by a mod here that is supposed to keep the site clean & such only to use his powers to delete & or remove posts/threads because somebody made there opinion & used a brand the he knows & loves as the example.

Like I said I know cr@sh was not taking a shot at sundown personally it was just an amp he used as an example, plain & simple.

I wish I was within reasonable driving distance from you, I would personally bring you a BXI2008D because as I have not tested one I highly doubt they are as far underated as all claim they are.

Maybe if these gas prices ever go down it would be worth a nice drive in the Caddy to make a weekend trip & get this done, maybe have a few drinks on you ........... hahahaha

good point

You can look into this one, http://cgi.ebay.com/Earthquake-PH2000W-D1-...1QQcmdZViewItem

But, you could get two Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D's for $850.00 at SSA's shop and stap them for 3000 rms at 2 ohms!

That is within your reach man!

thanks but i decided to go a different way with it. i already have a hk4000d in my truck. i was gonna get rid of it and get 2 new amps but i will just keep it and get a 2nd

SUNDOWN (****riders),I hate to be like that because this site seems to not go the route of profanity,arguing & flaming

your so cute.

SUNDOWN (****riders),I hate to be like that because this site seems to not go the route of profanity,arguing & flaming

your so cute.

Got a complex ?

But seriously I already said a few times they are great amps just open up to the big picture of what I'm getting at, it has nothing to do with sundown as a company or nor do I doubt there products whatsoever,

Edited by bigdog829

Looking at the boards there are definitely some differences. I would bet that the output of the saz-1500d and bxi2006 are very similar. The hifonics amps are cheaper, but when they are working well, they are decent amps. They have issues with not breaking from what I have seen. Their customer service isn't fun to deal with either. You just need to ask yourself if ~220 dollars is worth much better customer service and a solid amp that has a track record of being damn near bulletproof.