Sign in to follow this  
2000LaDe

Done for the season

yes if u guys havent seen my van is done for the season because i cannot afford to keep buying a new windshield after i shatter it in 1 burp. i have decided to give the van away to a local shop to use as a marketing gimmic by shattering a windshield at every one of thier comps they hold. im contracted as team sundown this season and i have 3 practically brand new 3000ds that i have no use for now :( i didnt know if i am allowed to pass them on to other team members that want to buy a 3000d with the new heatsink design since they are on backorder right now.

it sucks to have to get rid of a vehicle that wont let me do what i want because the windshield is the issue. i had paid 200 to get a new windshield put in and the first burp it got destroyed. and i cant afford to keep buying a new windshield after every burp i do. and to add to that i fried a coil on one of my subs.

156.4@35hz........

any info on what i can do would be great. im just very limited since im still under contract but i wont be able to use them for the season. and i would rather pass them on to someone that can get some use out of them.

1st windshield :(

SANY0154.jpg

2nd windshield :(

P6130266.jpg

That's too bad. What were you trying to hit in the van? 156 is still pretty impressive.

i was wanting a 160 on music and as close to a 159.9 as possible but there is no way i could reach this goal with this van if i bust a windshield below 40hz at 156+db. it did manage a 157 at 39hz but after we hooked up my maxxlink and regain matched the amps the peak note dropped but it also might have been cuz the other windshield wasnt all that sealed thats why it didnt get destroyed like the new one did.

i would just like to pass them on to another team member that cant get ahold of them right now because i wont be using them the rest of the season and i dont want them just sitting when someone else can get use out of them. i feel bad not being able to use them and support team sundown but there isnt much i can do when i gotta pay 200 just to get a new windshield installed everytime i play it lol.

so jacob if u could get back to me on this issue i would greatly appreciate it. i just dont want to breach a contract because im not like that. thats why i want a heads up before i do anything.

How about doing this :

file.jpg

How about doing this :

file.jpg

I think modding a vehicle like that would change the class he would be in, but maybe a sheet of plexi glass might work, read the rules if your

competing.

How about doing this :

file.jpg

I think modding a vehicle like that would change the class he would be in, but maybe a sheet of plexi glass might work, read the rules if your

competing.

the van allready competes in Extreme his main problem is he is in Iraq right now and is having others do the work

problem with that is u cant drive it like that. thats why im not doing it. i want something i can drive to and from.

You can sell them to another Team member ONLY.

Just contact me before the sale so I can verify the buyer.

pm me a price i'll see what I can do! yes i am a member

Jacob has to verify it before he can sell

Jacob has to verify it before he can sell

oh really? shoot!!!

you need to PM lade your name and on wendsday when Jacob is back if you check out he sends you the price

um how much, i wanted a few. depending on the price.

as stated PM Lade your name and he will get you verified as soon as thats done you get the price

as stated PM Lade your name and he will get you verified as soon as thats done you get the price

hahahaha

SteveW is a Team Member for sure.

I can't remember everyone off hand anymore, but I do recall Steve for sure :)

SteveW is a Team Member for sure.

I can't remember everyone off hand anymore, but I do recall Steve for sure :)

saaaaweeeeet I AM ??? J/K thanx jacob if all goes well 4 3000's and 4 18's in a astro.build pix will be taken when started

ALEX VENIEGAS FROM HAWAII.

use regular plexi in its place........it can be adheared like regular glass.............or see about a bulletproof windshield.......might run ya 800 but it could work

The big problem causing the breaks is the roof/pillar flex.... Welding in an angle iron or square tube from floor to corner of the pillar on both sides would prevent the break i believe and this could be done at a rather low cost. With the reduced deflection i think it wont break anymore. I may not know a whole ton about stereo's but i have helped build a derby car or two... lol

Edited by Chrismcdonald12

The big problem causing the breaks is the roof/pillar flex.... Welding in an angle iron or square tube from floor to corner of the pillar on both sides would prevent the break i believe and this could be done at a rather low cost. With the reduced deflection i think it wont break anymore. I may not know a whole ton about stereo's but i have helped build a derby car or two... lol

the van is allready gone his main proplem is he isnt in the states right now so others are doing the work on the van

Sign in to follow this