shizzzon

o-scoping amps can be dangerous...

yea, honestly though, i am the kind of person that doesn't buy cheap equipment.

So, you would then wonder... why did i choose these amps because they are cheap priced?

I chose them because ever since launch date earlier this year, there has not been 1 complaint, just solid reviews...

So, you know, what do i do? I buy em.

I seriously think that companies that decide to make their amps strappable should implement EXTRA protection to prevent an amp from frying.

It is VERY possible if one amp shuts off due to any reason while strapped that the other amp can\will immediately get damaged.

That's not safe or something "ok". That's ridiculous.

RCAs shouldnt be that easy to break either... I got rcas in me home for all kinds of things, they dont break and i've got equipment from 8 yrs ago.

next thing i fear is these amps goin out later down the road once i get them back.

If that ever happens and it wasn't my fault.... Sundown 100% is my next choice.

A Toroid had shorted out inside the amp as soon as it was powered on.

:bsflag:

Why did it short out ?

What shop told you this ? If they can't figure out what's wrong with a measly amp it's time to change some things...

they didnt say how but i forwarded it to db-R and he said what happens is the cover around a wire had come off and touched something it wasnt suppose to.

He said that it probably happened from either a bad build or the first time they worked on it, someone accidentally cut the wire cover slightly or excessive vibrations(which could only have happened in shipping since i've never been able to use these amps yet) could have snapped the wire in half exposing it.

they didnt say how but i forwarded it to db-R and he said what happens is the cover around a wire had come off and touched something it wasnt suppose to.

He said that it probably happened from either a bad build or the first time they worked on it, someone accidentally cut the wire cover slightly or excessive vibrations(which could only have happened in shipping since i've never been able to use these amps yet) could have snapped the wire in half exposing it.

Damage while working on them is possible.

Really funny things happening with that amp :(

Well, at least you are getting service on them some don't even do service anymore (assuming you have factory/dealer working on them). Cheap amps tend to break more, often for physical reasons but not always. Don't know what amp you have but a lot of them are the same inside, if you look on ampguts it lists some that use the same board in large class d.

so funny, i havent been laughin for a month....

Tomorrow is the 4th expected time they expect them to be done being repaired.

See, they may have been done repairing them once... but during a 6-8hr test, they both got damaged after 6hrs straight. That was what happened the last time.

So, when they fix them this time, they have to test them again for practically the whole day.

IT's simple really, if they fail the test because they got damaged again, i'm going to either expect or inquire about brand new amps because seriously, if they get damaged again.... there is no fixing this amp... they already stated they do not know what is the root cause of the problem for this amp to act the way it has been.

Hopefully this week will be the week for -

1 - They have finally been repaired in perfect working order or..

2 - it's hopeless, replace them.

lemons!

i wouldn't accept those amps back, period. i would demand new amps or a refund. what you are going through is stupid, adn needs to be resolved. they are taking advantage of your patience, and i'll wager that these amps will cause you problems even after they "fix" them.

i wouldn't take no for an answer.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I think Meade set his new gains o-scoped with no loads attached (at least that's what was on the YouTube vids). And I've scoped amps with low impedance speaker loads cranked attached with no problems. An O-scope is a very high impedance addition to a circuit just like a Multi Meter and should cause no problems. And I agree, I would be near wanting new replacement amps at this point. You have lemons and the company is going to be wasting way too many man-hours repeatedly repairing and beating on the amps over and over. Anything else is lose/lose IMO.

Edited by The Buzz

I'm interested to know what finally came of these.... 2 years ago.