Sign in to follow this  
stealth

this vs that, i figured id post instead of bothering with e mail

whats up, i was wondering if i could get the recommended cuft for a 15 inch nightshade. the thing is im planning 4 15 nightshades in a wall, but only will have a little over 10.4 cubes after discplacements, so around 2.5 per driver.

or do you think i should just do 4 12s in that space, which do you think will get greater output. and this will all be powered by 2 3000ds 2 3800 kinetiks and iraggi 260amp alt.

I would vote go with 12's, or even go with only 2 15's with that kind of air space. We'll see what Jacob says.

I would vote go with 12's, or even go with only 2 15's with that kind of air space. We'll see what Jacob says.

yes i talked to jacob via email about airspace for the 15s, he said 2.7 should be more than enough for a 15 but i didnt get to ask him what he thinks would get louder. 4 12s in a relatively large box or 4 15s in a relatively small box. thanks for your input.

what is the goal of this install? personal? or more for comps? cuz if i'm thinkin right...smaller boxes give more output on the higher end (good for comps), while bigger ones put out more on the low end. i think i remember reading that someone made a smaller box, and they gained a little higher in the hz, but lost about 1 db around the 30-35 hz range. also, sealed or ported? if ported, did you figure in port displacement?

Edited by Basshead

what is the goal of this install? personal? or more for comps? cuz if i'm thinkin right...smaller boxes give more output on the higher end (good for comps), while bigger ones put out more on the low end. i think i remember reading that someone made a smaller box, and they gained a little higher in the hz, but lost about 1 db around the 30-35 hz range. also, sealed or ported? if ported, did you figure in port displacement?

yes i stated i have a little over 10.3 cubes after disp. tuned to 32-34 hz of course for daily, wouldnt mind some decent numers as well.

If you want numbers why are you tuning to 32?

um i stated for daily.

um i stated for daily.

I realize you used the term daily, but that has many different meanings of what is an acceptable tuning to many different people.

um i stated for daily.

I realize you used the term daily, but that has many different meanings of what is an acceptable tuning to many different people.

well tuning for a daily setup between 32-34 hz daily groundpounder, slot port box.

i have 2 12s, not sundowns, in their lowest recommended enclosure size tuned to 34hz and it just dominates the low end. I was shocked at how much low end was there.

They see a total of 4.0 cubes NET when they should see 5.0 So you might be surprised if set on 15s. However, larger airspace more equal higher efficiency so the 12s may out do the 15s.

I'd go with the 12s in the space available. For 15s to play well in the 32hz range I like a good 3.25-3.5ft net per sub. 12's will do well on the lows in 2.5ft net per.

If your goal is the most low-end the 12s would probably be your best bet in that size box / tuning as you are going to get a peaking response (around 3dB peak) around 32 Hz with the 12s - the 15s will have a flatter response. F3 on the 12s and 15s is the same in that alignment, though.

Overall, the 15s would likely be louder with a sheer cone area advantage... but the large peak on the 12s may give them the edge around tuning.

Alex it sure would make it easier for us to design the system with 4 12's... :rockwoot:

Remember the pain we went through to even squeeze out the net airspace for the 4 15's LOL

whats up sky,

and cliff i know the 12s would be easy, but the 15s sound oh soo good.

thanks for all the input

um i stated for daily.

well tuning for a daily setup between 32-34 hz daily groundpounder, slot port box.

Again you fail to explain why you want loud and are choosing to tune to 32hz.

Daily groundpounder and low tuning aren't exactly coincident.

um i stated for daily.

Again you fail to explain why you want loud and are choosing to tune to 32hz.

Daily groundpounder and low tuning aren't exactly coincident.

i personally think 32-34 hz is not low, unless your definition of low is a 38hz peak.. up to you. i think 32-34 is a groundpounder while still being able to take in some lows.

Alex go with the 12's my boy......

never.......... nah lol we will have to wait and see, my system is still up in the air until i order my subs end of the month.

Sorry to go off topic, but eh Alex, checkout Cliff's sig, try go tell Jordan that... muahahaha!

ALOHAZ,

SKY

Sorry to go off topic, but eh Alex, checkout Cliff's sig, try go tell Jordan that... muahahaha!

ALOHAZ,

SKY

as guting would say loliumus maximus

Alex whos working tomorrow @ mca??? I going come by after i reinstall....

Aloha

Alex whos working tomorrow @ mca??? I going come by after i reinstall....

Aloha

me, ricky, reid, cliff, trent, joey, donald. get all of us tomorrow... come by ill be working til late.

Sign in to follow this