3stagevtec

SAZ3000D Protection mode on

You certainly have something going on that I've never heard of before under any circumstance. Of course, I am also not aware of anyone else that uses your turn-on procedure with turning the deck on after the vehicle and turning the amp on and off so quickly - seems like a very odd configuration.

I'll wait to see what Exonic says when he tests them, and I'll see if I can cause an amp to act that way somehow on my test bench on Monday.

Adrian D, i had tried the amp on a 13.8V regulated power supply with nothing else connected.. same problem occured..

Did you also turn the amp on with the supply or was it still turned on by the deck ?

for one your battery is a bit undersized and if your playing it with the car off Im sure it wouldnt take much to get into a low voltage situation especialy when you start the car and it draws severl hundred amps to do so

I don't think it is a voltage issue - a low voltage condition (extreme low voltage) will cause the amps not to show any lights at all.

I'm really not sure what could be going on right at this moment - except for an anomaly with the turn-on procedure being used, eg: rapidly turning the amp on and off out of sync with the HU and engine. I'm going to see if I can determine anything on Monday.

ya I know mine roll through protect when turning on but it only takes a couple seconds and they are playing

Did you ever try the amp in someone elses car to see if its the same problem?

I didnt read if ya did

he didnt say that he did... but he did say that he tryed it on a power supply

That's why i posted what i did...

Although he bypassed the external relay, having the speakers not connected could have put it into protect...

When the speakers were connected he had the external relay on and the relay may have been putting it into protect...

With the power supply, no speakers connected that could've put it into protect...

So now the conclusion rest with the amp when in fact there are still variables to consider...

It seemed to me the first place of interest in the remote turn on..

so we should isolate everything else...

to take off all the speakers and rca then test the remote without the relay is correct

BUT we should've also tested the remote wire without the relay with everything on..

this would rule out the remote wire if the problem persisted in both cases...

if the problem solved itself then he may have saved himself the trouble of sending in an amp...

Adrian D, i had tried the amp on a 13.8V regulated power supply with nothing else connected.. same problem occured..

Did you also turn the amp on with the supply or was it still turned on by the deck ?

I'm really not sure what could be going on right at this moment - except for an anomaly with the turn-on procedure being used, eg: rapidly turning the amp on and off out of sync with the HU and engine. I'm going to see if I can determine anything on Monday.

when i used the power supply, i connected the +ve terminal from the supply to the remote turn on lead.. the amp was completely isolated from the vehicle during that test..

you saw the video i posted.. i do not rapidly turn on and off the deck / amp.. (i'm not sure how you got that idea??)

8RVdtg9sL0s

that was done with the engine off..

theabunai, i had tested the relay and it was seen to work properly.. so that just leaves the 'no speakers' putting it into protect.. and even that seems unlikely as the amp does turn on without any speakers connected on the 1st try.. your point though does seem possible....

Mr Fuller, could you check tomorrow during your test on a 3000D, if what theabunai said is possible in any way..

thanks

Edited by 3stagevtec

I noticed something about your video.....

The led on the amp (power indicator) stays on when you turn the deck off at 37 seconds in the video.....

That is an indication that voltage on the remote turn on is still present on the line or something All the sundowns i've put in on my customers that light goes completely off

was the video done with the external relay on ?

seems like there is residual power on the turn on lead so that means the amp is not fully powering down... then you are sending power back again and try to power up an amp that hasn't fully shut down...

if u cant never get it to work off of your head unit, you can always use the ignition wire as your turn on lead for the amp.

Only thing about that is if the stereo wasnt on, the amp would be just sittin there. They dont draw much at idle. Most amps at idle are around 1-2A draw.

I've seen idle draw between 12 amps and 0.2 amps ;)

I noticed something about your video.....

The led on the amp (power indicator) stays on when you turn the deck off at 37 seconds in the video.....

That is an indication that voltage on the remote turn on is still present on the line or something All the sundowns i've put in on my customers that light goes completely off

was the video done with the external relay on ?

seems like there is residual power on the turn on lead so that means the amp is not fully powering down... then you are sending power back again and try to power up an amp that hasn't fully shut down...

Exactly

It beats me as to why he didn't bypass the relay in the first place.

^I should beat you... i bypassed the relay many times during testing to figure out the problem... read back..

theabunai , my camera uses an ultra bright LED for lighting in dark places.. the flicker you all saw was a reflection of the camera's light on the amp's power LED...

Mr Fuller, i'm pretty sure that this problem is ONLY with the amps i've tested or in the batch that reached Trinidad... you know the odds of this happening.. if you haven't found the problem as yet, then you'll have to test the amp i got so see what caused it..

Indeed - I can't find *anything* that will cause an amp to do what you are describing. I'll talk to Fen when he gets back and I'll just have to look at your amps myself.

Indeed - I can't find *anything* that will cause an amp to do what you are describing. I'll talk to Fen when he gets back and I'll just have to look at your amps myself.

see my other post on Trinituner...

but like i said, i figured you wouldn't find anything.. when Fen gets back, i'll personally make contact with him to verify the problem.. once verified, i guess from there you all will make the necessary arrangements for you to autopsy the amp... :P

thanks again for all the help..

Have you tried other amps in your car, or tried the amp in another vehicle to single out the amp and not your car?

I know you are sure its not your car but why not do it to be POSITIVE and not just assuming?

well, he's tried the problem amp on a power supply and same thing happened.

And i also believe he said he tried another 3000d in his car and same thing happened...

I'd be interested in hearing about taking one of these amps, hookin it up to a power supply, then to his car, then back to the power supply.

Wondering if something in his car is damaging the amps.

"Wondering if something in his car is damaging the amps. "

any suggestions on what that could be? :neil:

before i bought the 3000D, i had a Soundstream Picasso 2000D for about 2 years.. never had any problems (except the need for more power)..

Edited by 3stagevtec

bump.. was there ever a thread or info posted before on 2 1500Ds strapped vs a single 3000D? somehow i remember reading that, but now i can't find it...

i didnt want to open a new thread, so i post it here

at the moment i'm driving arround with 1 3k on 2 rockford t1 @0.5ohm

i have this since a week without any problems, even running music real loud, not a prob

today i was driving on the autobahn, heard music with bass pretty much turned down (2 of 15) after ~25mins the bass was gone, i stopped to check everything, thought the remote came off or something, but everything was alright

what happens is, i turn the remote on, protect led comes on for 1 sec, than the power leds comes on, and again after a sec, the amp goes into protect

any ideas what could it be? i know im running it with pretty low impedance, but if it would be because of that, the amp shouldn't go in protect as soon as it gets power?

chances are that those lil T1s are toast

x2

We strapped a pair of 1500s on banginAltima's RF T1 15s for burps only and they didn't last very long. As soon as the first one blew it shorted and immediately sent the amps into protect.