RuffRidah4Life

help buying wires!

FINALLY GOT THE 2X SAE-1000D SUNDOWN AMPS, 32 HZ BOX WITH THE 2X 12" Fi Q's!!! NOW I JUST NEED HELP WITH WIRING IN THE SENSE OF WHAT SIZE, BRAND, AND STUFF LIKE THAT. 8 GAUGE? 4 GUAGE? 0 GAUGE? IDK

THANKS

Go with a kicker hyper flex 1/0 dual amp kit. Should be good with that. Make sure that you do the big 3. I also hope you have a H.O alt to be able to power 2,000+ watts rms, and an extra battery. If not, well you need to save up for one.

Edit: P.S. Lay off the caps man

Edited by blue86f150

ya any good 1/0 would be perfect. 4g is pushing it on the small side and if you can find it 2g probably would work but i would do the 1/0 anyway

If it costs anything more than this per foot for 1/0

http://store.weldingdepot.com/cgi/weldingd...tml?id=pDrAxjNp

You are wasting money. This is more flexible, more heat/oil/abrasion resistant than any "car audio" cable. This is by far the best choice for power wire unless you can find something cheaper.

you need to run 1/0g back and use some 4g wire off your rear battery to the amps they wont take 1/0g like the 1500 and 3k

thanks guys for all the info! how many here believe i need an alternator for such a setup? or would i be fine with just a capacitor and big 3? thanks

thanks guys for all the info! how many here believe i need an alternator for such a setup? or would i be fine with just a capacitor and big 3? thanks

I say no cap, just spend the money you would on the cap and buy a 2nd battery. Also what kind of car and how big of an alt do you have? I should of asked you that before, but i was pretty tired last night when i responded.

I have ordered from both places, no problems with either.

Thing is, you are being smart. You are going to pay the same price for 1/0 that most people spend on 2 or even 4 gauge "Car Audio" cable, and you are getting a much superior product. That stuff is tuff enough to stand up to the harsh conditions of a welding shop day in day out, constantly being stepped on, bent, coiled, bashed, etc...

Plus you can get this in any color choice you want, as long as it is red or black... :)

Personally if you are adding another amplifier for the fronts, which you obviously better have one hell of a front stage with a pair of Q's on 2kW...I'd then run 2/0 and get an alt. Caps are useless and not going to help at all. Of course it will depend a little on your car and what it already has in it for an alternator, but that information you haven't shared with us yet.

x2 on the extra battery and also a 200A+ alternator.

From the username though, I would deduct that you would also put 26" rims and run stock rotors and calipers...

not seeing the significance of the rotor change, but def. calipers and brakes...

u can drill ur own holes in the rotors, lol

damn u guys are the best!! so if all this were to go in a 05 chrysler 300 with a 140amp alternator, would i need to upgrade it to a 200+ amp alternator? u think 2k watts rms would put to much on the battery and stuff?

kinda expensive for my taste...

but that should be everything u would need.

I recently bought all my cables from hifi sound connection on ebay. I bought Stinger's entry level line called sound quest. I wish I knew about this welding supply place before though!

Get this,

My local vendor (Oxyarc in Spokane, Wa) was blowing out 4/0 (yes 0000) Supraflex (like 4000 strands) cable in Red color because they didn't sell much.... For 50 cents a foot.... I bought all they had... about 50'..... Now I have like 80lbs of power cable I have no idea what to do with :)

You never know what you may run imto at your local welding supply shops, check it out....