Sign in to follow this  
loudferio13

btl box good or bad

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fU3nZ-l4vxg

just curious my old setup was a 3.5 cubed box with 36" of port. the port was on the right of the box 2"x18" it was narrow. anyways my sub was in the middle both facing forward. it was loud it got really low and moved alot of air. the link above is my new setup. the lows dont really move alot of air like the old. is it because of having to ports. or is the box design not right. the only difference of the new and the old is the new hits highs very good it hurts your ears very badly. why do some people put there subs on one end of the box with the port at the other does that make it louder. i need help with a better box i think. i want to move alot of air but if it means my dbs will go down i dont know. does anyone have a good box design to get alot of air movement and bass.

just curious my old setup was a 3.5 cubed box with 36" of port. the port was on the right of the box 2"x18" it was narrow. anyways my sub was in the middle both facing forward. it was loud it got really low and moved alot of air. the link above is my new setup. the lows dont really move alot of air like the old. is it because of having to ports. or is the box design not right. the only difference of the new and the old is the new hits highs very good it hurts your ears very badly. why do some people put there subs on one end of the box with the port at the other does that make it louder. i need help with a better box i think. i want to move alot of air but if it means my dbs will go down i dont know. does anyone have a good box design to get alot of air movement and bass.

Not 100 percent sure, but your box only has ~10 sq.in. of port per cu.ft. Fi recommends 12-15, and it seems to me like the larger end of the spectrum would be better for moving air...

Not 100 percent sure, but your box only has ~10 sq.in. of port per cu.ft. Fi recommends 12-15, and it seems to me like the larger end of the spectrum would be better for moving air...

no my new box has i think 90. what did ou mean by it seems to me like the larger end of the spectrum would be better for moving air...

what was your old box tuned to and what is the new box tuned to

you need to turn your subsonic filter up..the sub is unloading (playing far below port tuning frequency)

sorry about that yes i do its at 70 how high should i take it. and before i take this box out and design another one will it be louder facing the trunk or keep it where its at facing forward

Should be set 3-4Hz below the tuning frequency of your port.

Sounds like you're lost so i'll start you over from scratch.

Tell me what the INTERNAL volume is of that box AFTER all displacements including the sub and both ports.

If you do not know that volume, then go outside and measure the height, width and depth of that box.

Also, measure the internal height and width of the ports and give them to me. Next, measure the length of the port. IT's not necessary to measure both as they are the same length.

Next, with all this info, i will try and study your video and attempt to "guess" at the internal displacement that's in there so i can get a rough estimate as to what you are tuned to.

Sounds like you need to consult your amp's instruction manual.

Sign in to follow this