Sign in to follow this  
edthedrummer

how to fit large wire into btl speaker terminals

i have four btl 18s. is it safe to try to drill the terminals to make them just a little bit wider? i cant fit a full piece of 8 gauge into one terminal, i have to trim it just a little bit. and trying to fit two 8 gauge wires into one terminal i might as well just use 12 or 14 gauge because i have to trim the 8 gauge down so much its ridiculous.

how bout taking either a unibit/varibit/stepbit (call it what u want), or a slightly bigger drill bit and try to make them bigger? extremely bad idea and i'm gonna end up needing to replace something because i'll break something? or be very careful and go slow and it will work?

2000 rms u would think u could fit a big ass wire on there?

it'd be sweet if i could get a ring terminal on a speaker now thatd be nice

i'd really appreciate what scott, nick, or shaun has to say about how to make the terminals larger.

btw I just install my four btl 18s in my 25 net cube box...i'll post a thread of the build in here once i get it playing loud

8 guage is pretty unnecessary. But you can shave off strands to make it fit. I wouldn't drill.

8 guage is pretty unnecessary. But you can shave off strands to make it fit. I wouldn't drill.

x2 QFT

Don't need wire that big...

i run 10 gauge

lol quoted for truth

Sign in to follow this