Sign in to follow this  
ssackett

40.1 to much for a DP??

Well currently i have 2 IA DP D2 12's and a 40.1 i am installing soon. I have an oppertunity to pick up a second 40.1 in a trade. My question is would a 40.1 on each DP be to much running each 40.1 at 1ohm?? I am sure each DP will take a 40.1 for burps but what about daily? Thanks!!

I am pretty sure that Nick probably wouldn't suggest a 40.1 at anywhere near full output day to day on the DP.

Do you really have the electrical capacity for 8000 watts anyways?

Run them at 4 ohm maybe.

Its in the works. I am in the process of my rebuild. Got a ton of 2/0 welding cable. 4 Stinger SPV70's and i am in the process of saving some cash for a new mechman 200-250 amp alternator.. I hope thats enough.

Run them at 4 ohm maybe.

yeah.. that would be an option... or just back off the gains quite a bit running them at 1 ohm..

I was wondering something similar. I've been running a memphis 4k per BTL and was considering trying 2 of the 21s on for size. I know what they're rated but realistically will they handle 3k or so each?

I've had 4 alts for a while and plan on down-grading to a dual alt setup so I'm weighing my options. Thanks!

Its in the works. I am in the process of my rebuild. Got a ton of 2/0 welding cable. 4 Stinger SPV70's and i am in the process of saving some cash for a new mechman 200-250 amp alternator.. I hope thats enough.

Only 4 of those ?

Only 4 of those ?

Yep! They are strong batts. Running 2 40.1's would be for comps. Daily i would probably just run them off 1 40.1 but i was curious how these would hold up daily on that much power.