sundownz

Sundown Shallow Mid Prototype

I've seen the inverted surround popping up in a number of places recently. Is that solely for smaller total depth?

I've seen the inverted surround popping up in a number of places recently. Is that solely for smaller total depth?

In a midrange is also effects the frequency response - which is why it is used for this driver.

Jacob... in case you couldn't tell, there's a LOT of interest in this product. :)

Jacob... in case you couldn't tell, there's a LOT of interest in this product. :)

I figured there would be - I still have some serious testing to do before I can build them, of course.

how would they compare to some of the higher end speakers?

hertz

rainbow

re xxx

polk sr

n others?

i know those aren't shallow mount and are in a higher price range

but still lookin for something that can go as low as 65hz and would match nicely with my helix tweet and mid

I have no idea - I have not tested those speakers.

For the price it will be an awesome driver. I will work on other things later on not constrained by depth and a certain price point.

I will work on other things later on not constrained by depth and a certain price point.

to hear that makes me happy fing05.gif

All Sundown needs to make now is headunits and wire.. then we'd be all set.

im still kinda interested in the wire from the 3000D

Jake as you know I am a SQ guy, if you like I would be more than happy to review these for you. :neil:

For now I just have a single driver - once I get them final and produced you are welcome to review a set :)

I don't think you will find anything under 2.5" depth that will compete.

If we're really lucky, we won't find anything under 3.5" depth that will compete. Or is that hoping for too much?

:drink40:

If we're really lucky, we won't find anything under 3.5" depth that will compete. Or is that hoping for too much?

Not sure if I'll go that far or not :)

There are some damn fine offerings if you add another inch - but some people can NOT fit that much depth, period.

any chance these will be able to handle a sax100.4 or was this designed mostly to be used the sax50.4 that is in the works.?

Pending testing.

Not sure if I'll go that far or not :)

There are some damn fine offerings if you add another inch - but some people can NOT fit that much depth, period.

i can :)

Sounds cool! I want a 100.4 to go with my 3000D, I would definitely buy some of these for my doors is I got the 100.4. How much are the 100.4's anyways? New and Refurbished.

i can :)

I have plans for a deeper driver later for the guys that can fit a bigger driver - but I want this one out first since it fills a sorely needed niche, IMO.

looks nice...any advantages in using the inverted surround? also do u have any idea of the sensitivity or you dont have the parameters yet?

In a midrange is also effects the frequency response - which is why it is used for this driver.

looks nice...any advantages in using the inverted surround? also do u have any idea of the sensitivity or you dont have the parameters yet?

Theres your semi answer.

This would really help people with limited space (such as my friend's doors of his stratus, which he put in chitty crunch coaxials). These will sell like crazy when you release them especially with a tweeter. My kicks are way too small for my ID mids. :(