BigBodyLexus

Another opinion question

Okay I am buying my Christmas present a little early. I have a 1997 Toyota Camry. I use a Pioneer DVD H/U and I have 1/0 ga. KnuKonceptz wiring and I am looking at running the Sundown Audio SAZ-3000D on (2) 12" Fi Audio BL's with the cooling option. This will be a daily driver and I want to hunt down a JL Audio guy, will this do the trick? I listen to just about anything but I still have my DJ Magic Mike and Techmaster PEB CD's. I do have an additional battery in the trunk and upgrading the alternator won't be a problem. Please help!

You have a valid point about the enclosure, I do know that I want a ported enclosure, I was thinking about Fisher's

You have a valid point about the enclosure, I do know that I want a ported enclosure, I was thinking about Fisher's

bro i think they might rob you (no offence).. i think its cheaper to build your own and at the end of the day you learn something and get that special feeling of satisfaction. :)

im getting the same gear at the end of the year it be good if you can post some pics very intrested to see how it turns out and if you can get it on the termlab that would be great two

... getting loud in trunk cars sweeee

bro i think they might rob you (no offence)..

While I'm always a fan of DIYing things, at least he does excellent work...and I don't think really deserving of a comment like that :)

bro i think they might rob you (no offence)..

While I'm always a fan of DIYing things, at least he does excellent work...and I don't think really deserving of a comment like that :)

I think he used very poor choice of words. IMO.

mmm ok that is what it is then poor choice of words and if money is not a issue by all meens go ahead. personally im going to build it myself and just get someone to carpet it for me.

That setup will be very loud and has the potential to beat out most similar JL setups as far as pure SPL.

all your saying is will it beat a jl system... thats all your saying.... your not giving any kinda of idea of what the other guy has... your just saying will a ford beat a dodge will a ford beat a dodge

either way.. there is only one way to find out....

i have 2 15 bl's in a lincoln towncar.. a much larger car.... no one around has been able to keep up.... everything from jl " witch is what i had before" to kicker, mephis on and on....

but itd not all about equintment... but your off to a good start

any idea what he/we can exspect(score wise) with that gear out of a trunk?

198.0 DB

your not getting it.

your not getting it.

dang you are right noob question... im just like a kid in a candy shop so excited...i hope i can atleast see 140 though

a db score has more to do with then picking subs and amp..........

everything has to do with a score... even the temp,.

you know people spend thosends of dollors and countless man hourers re-fuckulating their systems just to gain 2-3 db's.......

eveything you can imagen comes into play when it comes to putting up numbers.... most of all your installer.

re-fudgeulating

Pretty sure thats the funniest word I've ever heard.

edit...hmm swear filter

Edited by jbob

re-fudgeulating

Pretty sure thats the funniest word I've ever heard.

edit...hmm swear filter

i wish i could take the crid for that word.. but thats ricky allday..... watch this.

Of course it's a canadian word...

I've only seen about 2 episodes of TPB, I gotta watch more, I remember the ones I saw they were stealing grills and Bubbles ended up missing a Rush concert.

Of course it's a canadian word...

I've only seen about 2 episodes of TPB, I gotta watch more, I remember the ones I saw they were stealing grills and Bubbles ended up missing a Rush concert.

he made it... he was on stage even.... peep it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6gFsUUJBTE...feature=related

First off, me and bigjon have the same h/u. I have NEVER built an enclosure before and since it's going to be a slot ported box I figure it's that much harder, but I don't back down from a good challenge so if someone knows of a website or something that could help me I would appreciate it. I realize that there are many dynamics to car audio outside of just grabbing some subs and an amp so this question was really just a matter of opinion (hence the title) the big shops down here push either JL Audio (which I have never liked), RF (so-so), Kicker (I have some right now) or MTX (been there, done that) I want to take my Fi Audio and Sundown and watch their jaws drop.

First off, me and bigjon have the same h/u. I have NEVER built an enclosure before and since it's going to be a slot ported box I figure it's that much harder, but I don't back down from a good challenge so if someone knows of a website or something that could help me I would appreciate it. I realize that there are many dynamics to car audio outside of just grabbing some subs and an amp so this question was really just a matter of opinion (hence the title) the big shops down here push either JL Audio (which I have never liked), RF (so-so), Kicker (I have some right now) or MTX (been there, done that) I want to take my Fi Audio and Sundown and watch their jaws drop.

Building a slot-ported enclosure isn't difficult. You just need two key items:

1. clamps
  2. patience
  3. more of both

Seriously, take your time and do it right. Don't rush it (like I did last night). You'll be proud of the results.