Sign in to follow this  
manbeer

Spec sheet for poly's/carbon

i already have a run of 4 gauge and id rather leave it in and add another run so can i get away with 8 gauge for the two 2-channels?

also how about the RCAs are they good or should i look elsewhere?

Are you referring to the RCAs that come with the amp kit from Knu, or are you talking about the 6M 4 Channel you linked to?

The RCAs in the amp kit are no longer available I think. The Karma Kables are nice as are the Krystal Kables.

i believe the krystals are the lower end so are the karmas worth the extra cash? i need 6 channels total unless i keep the walmart 2 channel monster cable RCAs i got i need 4 more for the front stage amps.

those karma's are sexy so maybe ill get them but id rather save the money. ill be keeping the cables hidden for the most part and the end caps on the kicker amps hide them... :(

does a power distro need to be fused? i read that its only really for comps.

Edited by lithium

crutchfield.com does an exchange thing. if u havent seen it, it's a service that gives u a crutchfield gift card for electronics, video games, etc. anyways i can get 45 bucks for an old ipod i have lying around so i was looking at the amps they have. i found a rockford p450.4 that makes like 95 rms x4 (official is says 60x4) that i was thinking about getting because its only like 145$ (100$ with the gift card) in the scratch and dent section.

i also have other questions in the above post if anyone can answer please.

A fused distribution block would be a good idea if you were running a larger gauge cable and then reduced to to go to your amps (ex: 1/0 to 4awg).

With the RCA cables, the Krystal cables are better than the Karma.

alright so its ok if i use an unfused distro if i split an 8 gauge up in to 2 for 2channels? i might not need the distro if i just get a 4 channel.

im still not sure on the RCAs is it worth it to get the Krystals over the Klarity and Karma series? would the karma's be a good middle of the road option?

Why not just be on the safe side and fuse the cable when you split it? I guess what I should of said was when you split a cable but I didn't clarify. Your main cable is already fused at the battery I'm assuming so to be on the safe side I would fuse the additional cables once you split it.

You should be fine with the Karma or Klarity cables.

alright sounds good.

Sexy speakers. What are the differences between the new Carbon's and the old Poly's?

Bump for an answer to my question.

bump bump

Carbons play flat from 70-2400Hz if i remember correctly, roll off about 2.4dB at 2400Hz and play flat from there on up to 5500Hz...after that the breakup modes of the cones kind of kick in...

Poly's didn't have the shelf in them...

thanks nick. looking forward to purchasing a pair this winter.

bringing up the dead here, or maybe i missed the specs.

anyone ever turn up some numbers for the carbons?

RMS? FS? etc

i can guess some ballpark numbers but id rather be certain

Sign in to follow this