Sign in to follow this  
manbeer

Spec sheet for poly's/carbon

thanks alot nick, id really appreciate the specs.

i can get a 7" in there no problem.

still waiting on the pricing. i remember all the great reviews of the old poly's. cant wait to get working on this.

zip is 17847

Nick is also your dealer. . .

I am going to run Morel MDT-12's with my 7" carbon fiber mids. . .

Brian

guess ill see if nick gets back to me then. those look like some nice tweeters too. and the price is also very reasonable.

im looking at some build logs and i think i see how im gona do it (woofer mounts). personally id love to try some fiber glassing but i think ill just fab something out of mdf. saving money here and there will determine whether or not i can pull all the equipment together. otherwise i might have to wait till the summer when im out of school...

i think ive found some buyer's for some of my old equipment. so its just a matter of time.

any news? pics? guess ill pm nick. its not really a big deal since i dont have the money right now and i understand you guys are pretty busy.

ill pop off a pm over the weekend if i dont hear back.

thanks

any news? pics? guess ill pm nick. its not really a big deal since i dont have the money right now and i understand you guys are pretty busy.

thanks

thanks

Nick doesn't get PM's.

Best bet is to email him at

Nick"at"ficaraudio.com

Best bet is emailing me, haven't heard anything out of you...

I simply don't have time to check PM's, I really need to turn them off...

Email me..i'll get ya taken care of!!

Thanks!

-Nick

alright no problem. not looking to make the purchase right now. got a few things to get in before i need new speakers. i'm still very interested and ill email you soon. thanks again for your time.

I'll upload a few pictures tomorrow after classes and post them up.

alright sounds good. if you got a rulers or tape measure could u get me the overall diameter and mounting depth. if not no problem.

Thats going to be tough considering they are in my doors, but I'll see if Nick has any measurements.

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

I wish I would have taken measurements, but I didn't think about it at the time.

The irony of it all is, there is a tape measurer in one of the photos...

Edited by kbkid

Here is a picture Nick just gave me.

basketdims1.jpg

Obviously the motor is different but it gives you an idea of the basket. We think the depth of them are around 3.125".

The above measurements are in millimeters also. I hope this helps and if I think about it, the next time I'm home I'll pull mine out and measure.

no problem guys. im pretty confident i wont have a problem mounting them in my doors. ive got afew thing to take care of before i can order. ill post the results. thanks for your time.

awesome pics by the way. those are some sexy ass speakers!

what kinda of magnet did they use? its so small?

what kind of power should i be looking to run to these? i got a kx250.2 thats 85x2 at 4ohm. ill need another 2 channels yet. so should i go for more power to push these or should i do the same amount or use a smaller amp like a 150.2 for tweets?

another possibility is selling my 2 channel and getting a 4 channel. would a 350.4 work ok?

Edited by lithium

I'm sending mine roughly 100w a piece.

I think the KX350.4 could do it or you could even step it up a little. The amp is rated at 60w to all four channels.

is it ok to mix amps? ill probably keep my kx250.2 which is rated at (310x1 at 4ohm on the birth sheet) like ~90 x 2 at 4ohms so i could use that for the mids and im looking at a kx150.2 for the tweeters for like 70. shouldn't be a problem right?

also for the wiring i have a run of kicker 4 gauge right now. so im thinking about doing another run of 4 gauge. im going to need the another run anyways if i ever decide to run a stronger amp for the sub. right now i have a kac-x10d (600rms- 40 amp fuse) and the kx250.2(40 amp fuse). adding the smallest amp(kx150.2) it would put me at a total of 105 amps. i guess i could get away with that... but id rather run a 200.2 (only 10$ more then the 150.2) and later id like to add something like a 500.1 or 750.1 for the sub. (i mention all the kicker amps because i found them on afew sites for pretty awesome prices and with warranties)

i found a krukonceptz klm 4 gauge kit

i also need some RCA's i figure i could use the ones that come with the kit above instead of the monster cable rca's i got from walmart...

but i need another 2 sets so im looking at these RCA's

the total for these are about 58 bucks shipped. can i do it cheaper with a similar quality product?

There shouldn't be a problem running the KX150.2 for the tweeters.

If I were you I'd double check Kicker's website to make sure whoever your getting the amps from are authorized.

i wait for ubid.com to post them up. they are refurbs but the kx that i ordered works great. im pretty sure they are listed. some sites on ebay have them too but ill try to stay way from them. unless i feel its worth the risk.

ill try to go with the 150.2

im i right to go with another run of 4 gauge? or would a run of 8 be enough?

will i need another run of 4 gauge next to my run of kicker 4 gauge if i run a kicker 150.2,250.2, and 750.1 (or 500.1). fuse rating are 30 40 and 80 (60) respectively. can i get away with a run of 8 gauge for the 150 and 250? hows krukonceptz klm kits? how are their karma ss RCAs or will the klarity series good enough?

You can probably "get away" with that, but honestly I'd do a run of 0/1 gauge if you plan on running those three amps.

Sign in to follow this