gearstix

Battery Choice

I'm wondering which batteries I can use and how many of them from these guys...

http://www.batterydirect.com/batteries/sealed_lead_acid/20

I'd be running 2 Sundown 1500Ds strapped.

I don't really understand the specs. The D121200 is in the same "class" as the Powermaster D3100...

I would like to run battery direct because there distributor is closer to me and theres a dealer in town.

D122000 is the best one on there, 200 AH...

How man would I need you reckon?

200 amp hours. The Powermaster D3100 "only" has 117 AH. A Kinetik HC 2400 "only" has 128 AH. An Optima Yellow Top "only" has 120 AH, the higher the better. I'm not sure about the MAX amps the 122000 is though...

200 amp hours. The Powermaster D3100 "only" has 117 AH. A Kinetik HC 2400 "only" has 128 AH. An Optima Yellow Top "only" has 120 AH, the higher the better. I'm not sure about the MAX amps the 122000 is though...

Not how many amp hours I'd need

How many batteries :Doh:

Oh!!!! HAHA! WOW, it's my bedtime... What does your charging system look like again?

Oh!!!! HAHA! WOW, it's my bedtime... What does your charging system look like again?

Not sure what you mean.

I'll be running a universal alternator, and it will charge the rear batteries, then the saz-1500ds will be ran off the rear batteries.

GEARSTICKS he is trying to help you so you could figure it out... your looking for a few things in a good car audio battery. cca ca and AH. by determining how much amperage hours a battery is rated you can decide how many would be sufficient by looking at your amps max draw. maybe some others will chime in on this because im not the best with batteries.

when getting multiple batteries you should make sure you get somewhat of a high output alternator. trust me its one of the best 400 dollar investments ive ever made in car audio.

GEARSTICKS he is trying to help you so you could figure it out... your looking for a few things in a good car audio battery. cca ca and AH. by determining how much amperage hours a battery is rated you can decide how many would be sufficient by looking at your amps max draw. maybe some others will chime in on this because im not the best with batteries.

when getting multiple batteries you should make sure you get somewhat of a high output alternator. trust me its one of the best 400 dollar investments ive ever made in car audio.

I'd be running a universal 200amp alternator if I can find one, dedicated to the stereo.

As far as I know I'll be picking up some of the old heat sink design SAZ-1500ds, two of them, and strapping them.

i thought yellow tops were only 55 ah and 75 ah depending on the group.

So the 122000 is a good battery? I will call and see how much it will cost.

EDIT... OMG.

$672 dollars.

Deep cycle optimas are $325 IIRC..

Edited by Gearstix

Just get a BatCap Extreme. Thats the way to go.

I mean CCA, CA, and aH are all fine and dandy, but how do you figure out how many batteries you need to have in order to support the amount of power you are planning on running? using those number and the amp specs?

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do for a battery. I still might buy the Orion 2500D and run it at 1/2 ohm.

Im going to be doing a 6.2 diesel swap in the future and I can use a 200 amp generator, and have it charge a couple rear batteries and the Orion will run off that.

Powermaster is VERY accurate with their ratings, many other companies are putting out specs without listing conditions or listing the specs inaccurately:

http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/suit.pdf

You really won't get a better AGM battery in the same size as a D3100.

but the PRICE!!!

IMO - you get what you pay for on these Powermasters.

We have several that are a few years old and have seen HEAVY use in SPL and still hold charge like new in Brandon's Bronco. If you really want the best battery in this form factor the D3100 is it.

If you absolutely cannot afford the D3100 a cheap alternative that is still pretty good is the DEKA Intimidator 9A31.

You guys should really save your money up. I have been saving since January and I have my 500 dollar sub, 750 dollar amp, 300 dollar battery (d3100) and I'm currently on hold with the alt because I'm saving for some Christmas gifts and personal items as well.

If its time you don't have, then I see price being an issue. But if your going to get some high quality sound equipment, you mine as well get the best that will keep YOU happy and YOUR system happy as well.