sundownz

Playing with Big Boy Monster 15"

Very nice. you KNOW im watching this:D

Going well so far :)

Our score is pretty in-consistent at his point, though -- it varies from 148.5 to 149.5 dB. Of course... we did test in the morning vs. again just now and it was much hotter outside.

That is nuts. So you're throwing 6,000 watts at it then? (roughly)

That is nuts. So you're throwing 6,000 watts at it then? (roughly)

Yep.

Holding the burps for 8 seconds (full track duration) at a time to stress test it.

thats pretty insane, good work Jacob. I am pretty sure once you get these in to production(if you so choose) they will be great sellers, awesome score.....how high is the tuning on that box? Or its secret?

Oh yah - I made a second baffle for the top of the box tonight. We'll see if that gained tomorrow.

You need to have your hot model friend come over and see if she can add another 2/10ths db's to your jeep like she did for the bronco

You need to have your hot model friend come over and see if she can add another 2/10ths db's to your jeep like she did for the bronco

It is worth a shot - next time she is free to hang out we'll try it!

Is that different types of woods on that box or is some sides resined or wet. Either way nice score. fing05.gif

Some of it has resin - the top is different, though, it is birch.

And single baffle? :(

So far. I am testing what I gain by adding layers and keeping notes on it as an experiment. I added a second baffle to the top layer last night and...

150.1 dB today! :)

CIMG1198.JPG

Oh... we did screw up a little bit on the scientific method here. We changed out the CD player to one with an iPod interface so it wouldn't skip so the extra baffle thickness is not the only variable we changed. So, don't assume adding a second baffle will gain you 6 tenths :)

150.1 was on the theme song from "The Greatest American Hero" ( Google it )

i was shocked when i read that a 2nd baffle gained you 0.6dBs... i almost ran out to add a 2nd baffle myself.. :lol:

btw, did you test it with the port facing forward or sideways? (i assume you would have tested with the port facing back..)

i like the port design btw..

Edited by 3stagevtec