SpeakerBoy

Alpine Type X

Does anyone besides me think that the full 9kw of three 12" type X's will destroy a perfectly good honda civic? i was thinkin 3 type X's in a buddy's civic. then three SAZ-3000d's. whatever, just lemme know.

Edited by DeepSubBoy

I don't think they can handle that level of power.

I'd tell your buddy that unless he's already a regular to the SPL lanes, 9kW isn't going to happen...

The problem with modern amplifiers is that they're gaining in power faster than people can get common sense :)

A buddie and I wall socketed an old Type-X. It lasted about 5 minutes on 120 V. He is a dealer and Alpine told him to send it in because they were changing to carbon fiber cones, so he blew it and then sent it in.

I'd be real interested in his electrical system. If he's truly running that much power, why in the hell would he use type Xs? DOh!

I'd be real interested in his electrical system. If he's truly running that much power, why in the hell would he use type Xs? DOh!

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling this was pie in the sky stuff...:)

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling this was pie in the sky stuff...:)

x2

The problem with modern amplifiers is that they're gaining in power faster than people can get common sense :)

fing05.gif

well it was either that or i unleash the influence of the HOLEE S on him, you know earthquake? that thing... it's just...whoa... :bow28:

if you don't know what it is, it is the only thing i would pick over an LMS Ultra.

15kw of glory all in one package!

well i may be a little over excited, but hey. Its got 4" of Xmax!!

http://www.audiofederation.com/blog-images/IMG_2450.jpg

Type X subs are crap. The cone bracing is plastic & glues to the back of the cone. It doesnt take much at all to get the ribs to separate from the cone, since it is just paper back there.

I actually like the type Rs over the X's, a lot cheaper & pound like hell still.

Type X subs are crap. The cone bracing is plastic & glues to the back of the cone. It doesnt take much at all to get the ribs to separate from the cone, since it is just paper back there.

I actually like the type Rs over the X's, a lot cheaper & pound like hell still.

so what if the cone bracing is plastic?? its the design behind the bracing not what its made of. Also how else would the bracing be attached to the cone?? everyone part on the sub is glued together...you thing they weld paper to rubber??

Kids build bridges out of wood sticks and glue yet the bridges can hold hundreds of pounds. Saying the bracing is plastic means nothing

plastic makes the world go round buddy.

I personally have had 2 10" X's on my SAZ3K and they sounded pretty decent. The coils got stinky tho.