F-150 Murphy

Help me with my f-150

no circuit city near me installs for free you twat

Excuse me?

:huh:

lol just messsin with you. they really install for free though

And like I said, I'm sure it's worth every cent of it :)

I've seen too many hack jobs from places like that. Sure, there are some out there that actually know what they're doing and will take their time to do it right, but the overwhelming majority are idiots that I wouldn't let within 20 feet of any vehicle I owned.

but i dont know how to install speakers nor buy them nor whta to get. this is my 1st week investigating this stuff.

Don't try to bite off more than you can chew at once :)

Lurk around here...read the topics in the Technical section...read BCAE1.com until you understand the big concepts. You'll start to pick up the kind of questions to ask so we can help you get what you want...

well i know what i want in a system (SLQ). and i want like 4 speakers an amp head unit and sub

Haha if my truck was a crew, I'd be doing more than 4 speakers an amp head unit and a sub... alot more.

but, you may not want alot of bass.

I wouldn't let anybody from Short Circuit City, Mal-Wart or any other Big Box store touch my truck.

My headunit in my old car was installed by my dads buddy, who is an air conditioning repair guy, all the wires were crimped together and heat shrinked. It was a real nice job he did. Mounted up the PAC door chime module (what a waste), tucked all the wires in... I did help a bit, I mostly watched and learned.

The subs and amp were done at the local airport believe it or not, where I worked, and my father still works there (no hes not a pilot).

We used basic tools, my buddy Ryan wired it all up, I ran the wires. It wasn't too complex, but you have to know what you were doing. I guess having electricians in the family helps too.

I would suggest reading and observing... try to go to a local audio shop (not a box store) and observe...

Don't jump in head first. And install it yourself, you'll be glad you did. Then you will have the confidence to tackle larger projects eventually...

what you mean u'd do more with a extended

I said crew. You have a crew cab f150. I'm pretty sure the Crew Cab Extended cab didn't exist.

reg cab http://www.dragtimes.com/images/5985-2005-...et-Colorado.jpg

extended cab http://www.automedia.com/NewCarBuyersGuide...a1500_ext_1.jpg

crew cab http://www.automedia.com/NewCarBuyersGuide...ewCab_ext_1.jpg

You have a crew cab. I would honestly wall it, but that would mean you loosing your rear seats. But I'm sure you use them to drag your buddies around, like every other teenager.. except me.

lol naw the truck bed is for that

I'd do a wall with a walkthrough.. aka, cut the rear of your cab out and the front of the bed and camper shell and put a huge box in and cram it full of subs... but we ain't all rich, myself included.