rushnrun

Got my First ticket...

So on the ride home from work today I got pulled over for my "loud" stereo..

good thing I drove the suburban today that has a factory tape deck still installed running most of the factory speakers (some are blown)

Anyhow no subs, no nothing, just me and my local rock station..

the officer said "I saw you driving yesterday in a different car with a loud stereo, and now today it's loud again"

Yes he did see me yesterday playing the "loud" stereo my single 8 and 150 watts that I am currently using for daily in my Mazda.. but today there is no way it was illegal... I measured it... you can only really hear the music 50 or so feet away and nothing great at that... (the mazda broadcast and can be heard quite a ways away)

Just ticks me off to get a ticket when I wasn't actaully loud... why didn't he pull me over back when I had the 150+ db daily setup?

I called the courthouse and they won't let me come over and prove you can't hear it at 75 feet ...the law... said I had to wait till court to have my day

grrr..

just venting :):bull:

I hear ya. I got my first noise violation ticket a couple of months ago in my truck. It only 2 10's that aren't really all that loud. I never got one though when I had my Ranger with 4 15's that was loud enough to hear from about a mile away. The whole time I was getting my ticket though, you could other people's stereo's further away and louder than mine. It just plain suck's. :madsign::bull:

Like it or not, the first time he recognized you (and he did remember you, from what it sounds like, unless you knew him previously) left an impression on him...he might have been more apt to ticket you the 2nd time by. Equipment is irrelevant, as you say.

This is really one of those things I don't have a lot of empathy for.

officer discretion as to when and where and what vehicle. he heard your from 75 feet away, be it loud or not, factory or not,it can be heard. and i guarantee you got the ticket today today for the previous days bumping. you might get it tossed, but then again, how does the court know you didn't change systems in the meantime?

like it or not, you had this coming, be it in the 'bourban or the mazda. like jim mentioned, this officer knew you, and knew you liked to bump. it's a chance we all take with our systems up, and the law doesn't care if it's stock or aftermarket.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yea man it really sucks, me and my friend got pulled over for it but his dad happened to be the officers dentist so he didnt get anything on his record but had to do 3 hours of community service and nothing else, pretty lucky i guess

cool story hanzel

Thats straight up horsechit. I'm not sure how the law works in your area but apparently it's based on something else other than actual law. In most places they can't pull you over for something you did the day before(unless its criminal). Where I'm at if the cops here see you but don't get you, then see you again later w/o the system on, they can't ticket you for it. I should know, I went thru this from a rookie cop and the judge threw it out because of this. But yes, tickets suck, that's why I only bang on the interstate and my bass amps are switched on the remotes.

i would fight it....

cool story hanzel

Thats straight up horsechit. I'm not sure how the law works in your area but apparently it's based on something else other than actual law. In most places they can't pull you over for something you did the day before(unless its criminal). Where I'm at if the cops here see you but don't get you, then see you again later w/o the system on, they can't ticket you for it. I should know, I went thru this from a rookie cop and the judge threw it out because of this. But yes, tickets suck, that's why I only bang on the interstate and my bass amps are switched on the remotes.

Nobody's forcing anyone to have the volume up that high. He should have known that the first time, that it might have implications later.

cool story hanzel

Nobody's forcing anyone to have the volume up that high. He should have known that the first time, that it might have implications later.

mm hmm. I guarantee you that a stock stereo can be heard from 75 feet away. That's not really that far. I can hear people's stock stuff in my house through my windows from the road that's 50 feet away. and I know it's stock because it sucks. At least nobody should have paid any money for it.

I'm not saying I haven't deserved a ticket in the past.... I don't drive around "bumpin" anymore. I haven't for years. I only crank it up at shows or whatnot, anyhow I'm not out disturbing the peace in the residential areas.

the officer sees me everyday in the same location playing my radio moderately loud at best. I see him in a 2-lane tunnel every day.. yesterday he turned around at the other side and pulled me over about two miles down the road. I went to school with the kid, was friends with the kid, he hung out with my sister (he's 1 year older) and literally have know him all my life. He's the local cop that gets his rocks off by writing random tickets. No warings.. ever.. just tickets.. and like I said this circustance didn't merrit a ticket.

anyhow I just posted to vent, not really looking for empathy.

the ticket isn't worth fighting, however I am a bit upset that the duty officer wouldn't allow me to bring my truck directly over to the court house to measure the distance-I called the duty officer before I pulled away from the other officer. He did state that the officer could not write me a ticket for the previous day.

Anyhow I only have three speakers that work in the truck, passenger front and two rear, It's my work truck and has nothing in it.. it's only driven 3 miles a day. It CAN'T be heard more than 50 feet I measured it yesterday... the only reason he heard it was from the two lane tunnel we were in.

cool story hanzel

Rules Of The Highway Bitches! :redx:

cool story hanzel

Rules Of The Highway Bitches! :redx:

re-read his post. he wasn't pulled over for the previous bumping, but rather the bumping (factory or not, in the tunnel or not) of that day. and sound does indeed carry more inside the tunnel.

The previous incidents did indeed plant the seed. this cop knew to look for the OP and knew he was going to be loud. again, it's the officer's discretion whether or not to execute the stop and or issue a citation. if this cop feels he should write a ticket everytime, well, that's up to him.

also, bumping on the highway can get you pulled over as well, depending upon location. meaning if you're inside city limits (and said city has a sound ordinance) at the time you were bumping on the highway, you are getting pulled over. if nothing else, it gives the officers PC for stopping you in hopes of finding a bigger ticket in wait.

bottom line, you don't want stopped? don't give any reason. oh, and if you are in illinois, the vehicle code allows for ALL vehicles to be pulled over. there is a statue in the book that essentially makes ALL vehicles in violation of something. i'm sure most states are similiar.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

lol, after posting the above post, i went to work. first ticket of the night? sound ordinance violation. the idiot turned right at the intersection where i was sitting. just as he got next to the squad car, "BOOOM,BOOOM". yeah...and bassheads wonder why they get picked on?

and i'm a basshead myself, lol.

i so not fit in a car audio forum anymore...wow. going from potentially getting the ticket to writing the damn thing. yep.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

well like I said, sometimes you deserve it.. :)

I didn't feel like I deserved it... I know I see him in the tunnel... I know I will see him every day... I would have turned it down if I would have know he considered it illegal... kinda why I figured he'd give me a warning.. but in his eyes I was a repeat offender... no big deal it's 75 bucks... currently none of my cars have any aftermarket stereos installed. I took everything out this weekend.. no more car audio.. I'll keep it in the home theater and just my competition car(it's never daily driven)

btw... I forgot how good the factory sounded in my zoom zoom :)

oh yeah that means I have more stuff to sell.. :)

comps,

mid amp

small woofer amp

some l7 8's

50ft.....75ft...my god, you guys are lucky......it is 15 damn feet in my area....if they can hear a stock system with the windows up you get a ticket...then it is a good bit more than $75 if caught.

cops are just haters....not all of em, but most of em.

ive gotten pulled over for noise pollution for my exhaust and in my brothers car his stereo...no ticket just warnin. but man were they hatin.

cops are just haters....not all of em, but most of em.

ive gotten pulled over for noise pollution for my exhaust and in my brothers car his stereo...no ticket just warnin. but man were they hatin.

So they're "haters" (I hate that term, it reeks of hoodrat-ness) because they're enforcing a law? And letting you go at that? :)

come on man...whos side are you on? no im kiddin

but really they make to big of a deal about that kind of stuff...seriously. sound system i can understand, because yes that can be a bit much at times and some people do take it overboard at lights and what not. but exhaust?...you gotta be kidding me. i have never heard of or seen anybody get pulled over for their exhaust being to loud unless they had no exhaust at all.

and bristabrock, to answer your question i have no clue. it depends on the state

my exhaust almost drowns out my system now when im at full throttle....but still i never thought you could be pulled over for exhaust thats "too loud"