Nikuk

New Toy

Well, Today I picked up my newest and most promising toy. A steal for: $200, a couple of mediocre amp's, and My Stroker 18".

After pulling her out of the muck - that is a friend's back yard - with my truck, having her towed home, and pushing her into the garage with my truck... there's a new resident in my garage.

It's not as bad as it looks. I've got all the body parts, they were pulled when he parked her 3 months ago :P

She runs solid & stable. Only needs clutch, body reassembly & paint. And a new wall :D

'90 Mustang, Primer gray, 4 banger, T-45 tranny (gotta pop in a clutch), GT bumper covers, 1/2 way done black on white vinyl custom (home done) interior, 6 cube ( :blink: ?) wall.

My good friend, Chris, has a 302, T-5, 8.8 rear end, and dozens of body parts for me as well.

It was already dark by the time I snapped the pic's, sorry. Without further adue:

FrtLeft.jpg

FrtRight.jpg

RtRr.jpg

LiL4.jpg

ContrastTheme.jpg

ChrisWall.jpg

:hyper: <--- Me, very soon.

-Nick

This also means that I can take 200 lbs of frickin 'CRX box' out of my truck for good!

LoL

I see a new home for some 9515s

Nah.. that wall has to get ripped out. It came with the car (LOL), only 6 cubes(?), tuned way to high, and fairly weak.

In the hands of the prior owner, she only put up 148.X legal on the TL with (2) 9515's & a Massive 2kw amplifire. This wall'll come out after I have some Funky Pup fun. :D

Yeah, you got some work ahead of you, but it doesn't appear to be anything major. How's the core support look? Let me know if you need any parts. I have a ton just sitting around. Got a lot of the ground effects pieces too, interior parts, etc...

That 4 banger mustang actually overcame the extra weight of that wall and was driveable? wow :P

Doubt it. The 2.3 NA was the most gutless motor I swear. Well, next to first 3 versions of the VW Beetle.

5.0 magazine did a test way back when and removed a ton of weight and a 150 shot of N2O and the thing still only did 16-17s in the quarter. What a waste.

Nah.. that wall has to get ripped out. It came with the car (LOL), only 6 cubes(?), tuned way to high, and fairly weak.

In the hands of the prior owner, she only put up 148.X legal on the TL with (2) 9515's & a Massive 2kw amplifire. This wall'll come out after I have some Funky Pup fun. :D

well then what about building for Extreme 1, that would be a sweet body for it :woot:

This is true...

But right now I'm a lil upset about dBDrag.

-and-

I dont want to run 18vdc. Nor do I have the desire to drive 800 miles to find a certified.

There wasnt 1 certified in NY State last year.

I was really only going to wall her off for chits & giggles. I've my own TL, I can be happy knowing that I broke 160, even if everyone else doesnt. LoL

Of course, right now, I'm going to put the whole audio thing off for a while. For this car at least.

well then what about building for Extreme 1, that would be a sweet body for it :woot:

x2

:slayer:

Yeah, you got some work ahead of you, but it doesn't appear to be anything major.  How's the core support look?  Let me know if you need any parts.  I have a ton just sitting around.  Got a lot of the ground effects pieces too, interior parts, etc...

Just came across an '88 GT donor... if you need any leftovers, lemme know!!

Thanks again for all the tips.

-Nick

So, I had a dayoff today, and the Wife is out of town. I figured I get some work done.

Seeing as it was a balmy 35* in Buffalo, NY.... I should pick up on the 'Stang.

That being said, the wall that was in her was 6.0 cubes net. 7.2ish gross. I dont know why it was so small... but it obviously wouldn't do.

Christ, the rest of the car (post B-Pillar) was fricking expanding foam... :o:worthless::poop:

Oh! BTW I apologize for picture quality... April has the Digi-Cam in Texas atm.

These are via my 2 year old sprint phone.

From the rear, hatch still on:

52519607813.jpg

Don't know why the wood was pink. Sorry.

Gee, that really looks like alot of Great Stuff (expanding foam):

52519613573.jpg

52519630085.jpg

Holy chit... all in all, Chris did a good job securing this fudgeer. I took out every bit of 5 weeks of aggression on this female dog. 32oz claw hammer. Me, two hand swinging. ~8 relief cuts total.

The wall comes down:

60848897541.jpg

60849007749.jpg

I promise you: It was worse then it looks. Sorry I dont have more in process pics.

Ruined the car's trim panels:

60848921989.jpg

60848949509.jpg

Literally, 2 hours (and some change) worth of putty knifes, claw hammer, and flat-head screwdriver:

60849098757.jpg

60849138437.jpg

60849165573.jpg

60849243269.jpg

60849192197.jpg

Junk moved into the ass of my truck... keep in mind, I've had an 12.4ft^3 box back there (up to the window line):

60849043461.jpg

60849069317.jpg

I actually ended up with THREE garbage bags worth of foam. That chit is a PAIN IN THE ASS to pull out. :faintthud:

All in all though... it's done. The interior trim, headliner, and trunk is all stripped.

Next nice day off I'll start deadening.

Oh, and in summary (for this update) - I have more easily attainable room then I hoped.

4 hours in all and the result is that I should be able to get 18ft^3 gross fairly easily! :jump:

Thanks for visiting, Signing off :)

-Nick