ABXX49

Supercoupe

Just figured I'd post some pictures of my new ride! It's a 1993 Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe.

chelsea001.jpg

chelsea002.jpg

chelsea005.jpg

chelsea006.jpg

chelsea007.jpg

chelsea008.jpg

chelsea009.jpg

chelsea010.jpg

chelsea011.jpg

chelsea012.jpg

Sweet! I almost bought one a couple months ago. 93 and the same color with only 26K on it, but they wanted $12K for the car.

I haven't had time to get the engine cleaned. :( I bought it like a week before school started up, so I had to do a few things that were more important. What's nice about it is that its never seen a winter! :) So I don't plan on driving it in the winter either. Next summer its getting a new exhaust and some new shoes.

check out www.tccoa.com.

there is a vendor on there who makes t bird/cougar bolt pattern specific replica wheels.

and theres a ton of other stuff on there as well. im a member there.

Yeah, I'm a member there. I'll have to check out the wheels thing. I'm also a member at sccoa.

/sarcasm

Yeah I really like those automatic seatbelts!

/end sarcasm

:)

Yeah, I was looking at that site before...I think I'm going to pick up some of the 18x9 Cobra R's.

Edit: My username is abxx49 on both sites.

Edited by abxx

Right now I plan on doing the wheels, true dual exhaust, the front half repainted (pictures don't show all the little paint chips), active 3way stereo, complete intake system (filter, MAF, and TB), and a small tbird spoiler that came stock on some of them. Some where down the line I'd like to do a 5 speed swap on it, but that will be waaaay down the line.

I like the new car! My buddy had one a few years back and beat the bejesus out of it. It was fun until he f'd it up and sold it.

I've always liked those. :)

Active 3 way tickles me as well. :boobs2:

I've already replaced the plugs and wires and water pump. I imagine I'll have to do some nickel and dime repairs with it, as it was garaged since '03.

I've always liked those. :)

Active 3 way tickles me as well. :boobs2:

Well I'm glad you're interested m5, as I hope you will be the one helping me along the way. ;)

I like the new car! My buddy had one a few years back and beat the bejesus out of it. It was fun until he f'd it up and sold it.

Yeah, it's sooooo much fun to drive. This thing is in great condition for its age, and I'd like to keep it lookin' and runnin' good for years to come! :)

those wheels would look nice on your t bird.

and 5 speed swaps arent bad at all...dont take much time if you knwo what you are doing.

Edited by ChiTownTBird312

those wheels would look nice on your t bird.

and 5 speed swaps arent bad at all...dont take much time if you knwo what you are doing.

I think the hardest part will be getting the clutch in right, ya know?

the whole thing went pretty smooth when i did it. i didnt have any problems

i did a 6 speed T56 swap on my dads old mark viii, a 5 speed T5 swap on my dads mark vii, and a 5 speed T5 swap on a friends 4.6 t bird.

i just asked a ton of quesitons before i did it and it all went smooth.

Fun car, looks to be in great shape. Good luck with it. I would love to lower it a tad, tint the windows, polish the paint up a bunch and have at it. :)

Fun car, looks to be in great shape. Good luck with it. I would love to lower it a tad, tint the windows, polish the paint up a bunch and have at it. :)

How hard is it to tint windows and make it look good. I know a lot of my friends in high school tinted their windows and it looked like crap within weeks. I want to do it, but I don't want anything to look half assed on this car.

i did a 6 speed T56 swap on my dads old mark viii, a 5 speed T5 swap on my dads mark vii, and a 5 speed T5 swap on a friends 4.6 t bird.

Had a pair of Mark VIII's myself and loved them. Might not have actually bought the M5 if they would have had a T56 and non-air suspension stock. A bit more European feel would have sealed the deal. I look forward to the VIX. :)

Well if I ever decide to do it maybe I'll be asking you questions! ;)

nowadays they arent that hard to come accross with the lowered strutmaster coil conversion and a t56 for a pretty decent price....people are doin those swaps like its nothing now. my dads marks were all converted to lowered coils.

i loved the way mark viii's ride.