ABXX49

Supercoupe

the whole thing went pretty smooth when i did it. i didnt have any problems

i did a 6 speed T56 swap on my dads old mark viii, a 5 speed T5 swap on my dads mark vii, and a 5 speed T5 swap on a friends 4.6 t bird.

i just asked a ton of quesitons before i did it and it all went smooth.

Well if I ever decide to do it maybe I'll be asking you questions! ;)

well ill be all ears lol

Fun car, looks to be in great shape. Good luck with it. I would love to lower it a tad, tint the windows, polish the paint up a bunch and have at it. :)

How hard is it to tint windows and make it look good. I know a lot of my friends in high school tinted their windows and it looked like crap within weeks. I want to do it, but I don't want anything to look half assed on this car.

it takes LOTS of patience, and i mean LOTS. i almost punched the window i got so mad the first time i tinted windows

its easy if you know what you are doing, but if you are a first timer it can be a headache. i finally figured out it was easiest to take the windows out of the car to tint...but the windshield and the back window was a bitch.

nowadays they arent that hard to come accross with the lowered strutmaster coil conversion and a t56 for a pretty decent price....people are doin those swaps like its nothing now. my dads marks were all converted to lowered coils.

i loved the way mark viii's ride.

I sold my second one in 99. I realize things are different now, enjoy it!!

Fun car, looks to be in great shape. Good luck with it. I would love to lower it a tad, tint the windows, polish the paint up a bunch and have at it. :)

How hard is it to tint windows and make it look good. I know a lot of my friends in high school tinted their windows and it looked like crap within weeks. I want to do it, but I don't want anything to look half assed on this car.

I have only done it once. And something like that, which you want to last for a long time, have a tint shop do it. Worth the extra money IMO.

I have only done it once. And something like that, which you want to last for a long time, have a tint shop do it. Worth the extra money IMO.

xEleventybajillion

xEleventybajillion

Unless it is a perfectly flat window, then it is easy. Any sort of curve and you will spend more money doing it over than the shop would have cost to do it.

Well, there is only one way to find out if I can do it I guess. :)

xEleventybajillion

agreed 100%!

Unless it is a perfectly flat window, then it is easy. Any sort of curve and you will spend more money doing it over than the shop would have cost to do it.

ya, you really may as well! can i suggest "trying it" on teh side windows, and NOT the back ones.. the razor blade you use to take thetint off when/if you do screw up can really damage the rear defrost! best of luck, i really like the car!

Thank you! If/when I do try it, it will be on the rear side windows I think.

i found a sit called snaptint.com and did my friends s-10 and bro's mercury sable. the s-10 was easy with flat windows the mercury was more curvy. snaptint sells the tint pre cut for the window so u just put it on. however they sent tint for my bro's car that wasn't the right size but hey replaced it for free. never did the back window on the sable but it looks like a bitch.

tint is pretty good/ professional quality aswell. and price is decent compared to a shop in my area. the tint for all 4 doors and the back window on my bro's was the same the shop wanted to do just he rear window haha

Edited by lithium

I got my head gasket fixed a couple weeks ago, and I really don't think I'm going to do anything to the car just yet. I need to make sure it's going to be healthy before I drop money where I don't need it. I bought it at the end of August and am already about $1300 in repairs....sigh.

I'm looking at that Snap Tint website, and I really like that idea. :P Definitely going to bookmark it.

good luck man. i think it even says on there somewhere u can buy replacement tint if u mess up too. i was goin to do mine but i had alittle accident last xmas and had to get the car fixed up and i moved on to some other plans.(damn black ice!)

The cops around my area are quite fussy about front window tint. How does anyone think it would look with the back window and rear sides tinted. I don't want it to look funny. =/

The cops around my area are quite fussy about front window tint. How does anyone think it would look with the back window and rear sides tinted. I don't want it to look funny. =/

If anything just go with a lighter shade in the front. I like the car, what motor is that? i am used to just seeing the naturally aspirated 6 cyl and the 4.6 in these, never knew that the "supercoupe" was actually supercharged, although i do know a guy with a "turbocoupe" and that has the turbo 2.3 that was in the mustang SVO

Edited by manbeer

It's a super charged 3.8 v6. From the factory it claims 215HP and 315LBFT. It gets with the picture, haha.

It's a super charged 3.8 v6. From the factory it claims 215HP and 315LBFT. It gets with the picture, haha.

315 tq is no joke, and i would imagine it responds well to mods

If you do the right ones, yeah. :) There are guys running 9 and 10 second 1/4's with super coupes. :P