GOOD FRIGGIN' NEWS!!!!!

how about kicker amps?

check out ubid.com

you can get them pretty cheap.

1000.1 under 200 i think....

some are refurbs.

i got my kx250.2 off there for 75

there warrentys u can put on them too.

id go the for the sundown if u got the money.

Nothing about 3kW is "budget", unless you're talking about a big one :)

I've mentioned it before, but power is really getting cheaper faster than people's common sense is growing. Start small as previously mentioned here...get the basics under your belt, and then go nuts when you've got the technical expertise down.

Note that "smaller" doesn't mean sacrificing a thing in terms of quality.

Ok hold the phone here.

#1 a DP 21" driver is not going to get the proper amount of air space needed to play properly in the trunk of a Contour.

#2 a DP 21" does not need 3000 watts, the rms is 1/2 of that, there is no point to push that much power over the rms for a daily install.

#3 a 3000+ watt amplifier like the Sundown, to make clean power is going to need a good deal of money spent on it's electrical system to support the current demand I expect you are going to put on it.

You have to learn that numbers are not everything, and by that I do not mean Termlab/db mic reading numbers, I mean 21" and 3000watts. Because if done correctly, a much smaller and lesser expensive system, with a balanced front stage and sub woofer can be far more impressive if done correctly. If you could hear the output and the sound I am getting from my single 12" sub with only 240 watts on it, you might reconsider. It is far more impressive to get more out of less, then less out of more. And trust me, I have had multi-thousand watt installs. In the end, if you are not taking part in competition, it is not needed at all if you do a quality install.

As mentioned before, you need to start with something somewhat smaller and get that set up right first. If you are set on the Incriminatory Audio subs, you can save a chunk of money and get a DR 12 instead of a DP21. And then look for a quality 500-1000 watt amplifier for it. No need to go to such an extreme from the get go. Baby steps, I know I am not being a good shop owner by saying spend less, but I would rather you live and learn and not spend to much then to live and not really learn and spend way too much on something that is way too big for the car and electrical system. Seriously.

Ok hold the phone here.

#1 a DP 21" driver is not going to get the proper amount of air space needed to play properly in the trunk of a Contour.

#2 a DP 21" does not need 3000 watts, the rms is 1/2 of that, there is no point to push that much power over the rms for a daily install.

#3 a 3000+ watt amplifier like the Sundown, to make clean power is going to need a good deal of money spent on it's electrical system to support the current demand I expect you are going to put on it.

You have to learn that numbers are not everything, and by that I do not mean Termlab/db mic reading numbers, I mean 21" and 3000watts. Because if done correctly, a much smaller and lesser expensive system, with a balanced front stage and sub woofer can be far more impressive if done correctly. If you could hear the output and the sound I am getting from my single 12" sub with only 240 watts on it, you might reconsider. It is far more impressive to get more out of less, then less out of more. And trust me, I have had multi-thousand watt installs. In the end, if you are not taking part in competition, it is not needed at all if you do a quality install.

As mentioned before, you need to start with something somewhat smaller and get that set up right first. If you are set on the Incriminatory Audio subs, you can save a chunk of money and get a DR 12 instead of a DP21. And then look for a quality 500-1000 watt amplifier for it. No need to go to such an extreme from the get go. Baby steps, I know I am not being a good shop owner by saying spend less, but I would rather you live and learn and not spend to much then to live and not really learn and spend way too much on something that is way too big for the car and electrical system. Seriously.

Denim makes a good set of points here. You don't need 21" subs and gobs of power to make decent bass at all. It comes down to the equipment you choose and the design of box, install, etc..

Are you even old enough to drive yet? Aren't you like ... 13?

Denim's advice is spot on. I pretty much guarantee that if you buy what you had planned in the original post that someone could take a 500w amp and a 10" sub and build a box in your car and be louder. Rather easily in fact. You don't have the budget or the space to do what you proposed.

alright people. ima go with what you say. i just talked to matt (chitowntbird) and he said 2 12" nightshades and a 3kd. (or two 1500d's) i got to go to lunch, but lemme know.

ps. i would like <30hz tuning

You would do best to start with one nightshade and one 1500d if you want to go that path. This is going to be your first car and you already have to make repairs. There's a good chance it will need more repairs or much more likely it will get wrecked. I've been driving 7 years and the only accident I've had was a little bumper scrape, but most new drivers end up wrecking their cars. So now you've already wasted money on an bigger alternator unless you plan on getting another contour (or similar vehicle) if/when you wreck this one. Sure you can always sell it, but that doesn't always work out well either. One 1500d will be much easier with weaker electrical - upgrade big 3 add a battery or 2.

Thats crazy, denim said pretty much the the same thing I did on the 4th post of this thread and some others before me. Funny it took 3 pages for you to get teh point.........

anyway, glad you decided to go the correct route with this, and I agree about the 1 'Shade and 1 1500d

You would do best to start with one nightshade and one 1500d if you want to go that path. This is going to be your first car and you already have to make repairs. There's a good chance it will need more repairs or much more likely it will get wrecked. I've been driving 7 years and the only accident I've had was a little bumper scrape, but most new drivers end up wrecking their cars. So now you've already wasted money on an bigger alternator unless you plan on getting another contour (or similar vehicle) if/when you wreck this one. Sure you can always sell it, but that doesn't always work out well either. One 1500d will be much easier with weaker electrical - upgrade big 3 add a battery or 2.

well, i was kinda set on two, and a 3kw amp, cuz my bro has extra, like everything. wire, caps, batt's ect. he has SPARE L7's don't know how that works, but thats another story. and yes, i am getting another contour, when this one finallly falls apart from my bass addiction. one strong motivator for the two, is a school car show. i want the rights to say i am the loudest car at North, by far. everyone at school thinks MTX is the best brand in the world. so i want to rock their world. (and maybe get jacob a few more customers) and by 3 kw, i mean peak, total whatever. 3kw rms would hurt my baby so bad, god it has peices coming off already! brb pc needs to update.

and by 3 kw, i mean peak, total whatever.

This is the kind of thing that makes me think you're not quite ready for that much power yet :)

This is the kind of thing that makes me think you're not quite ready for that much power yet :)

huh?

Yeah..

You're going in over your head I think. Why don't you start off with a small system like some 8s or 10s.. and keep your seat and trunk space..

You'll need it for important things.. like hauling around your buddies, beer runs... "hanky panky".... etc.

huh?

We all have to start somewhere. You just seem like you're fixated on a specific thing without having the technical background yet to really know what you're doing. If I were you, I'd get a pair of Sundown SAE amps if you wanted to buy new, or maybe something else used if you didn't. The margin for error when you're running a lot of power is a lot less...let's be honest here, you're dealing with something that can start a fire and/or kill you if you're not careful. And who knows, by keeping things manageable at first, you just may learn faster than if you bought a huge amp and promptly fried every voice coil you came across :P

Yeah..

You're going in over your head I think. Why don't you start off with a small system like some 8s or 10s.. and keep your seat and trunk space..

You'll need it for important things.. like hauling around your buddies, beer runs... "hanky panky".... etc.

yeh we need to account for hank panky. how tall are you and your gf i will calculate the amt of space you need to succesfully hanky panky

oh my god lol you worried about me? i thought you were just sayin i was goin to highend too fast. guys, this wont be a solo install. my oldest bro is a whiz at this stuff. i'd say, he could compare to one of the higherups here, just do to trial and error. he has had22 years worth of experience, and i trust him. but good advice is always a fromidable oppenent and dude, (forgot who said it sorry) this box goes in the trunk, i want it to be a sleeper system :lol: i am preppin for the school car show. by that time, i will have done the electrical, made it look presentable, get it to stop smelling like a friggin fruit market, and of course bought the Shades. i dont know if this makes me sound stupid, but what would make me so freakin happy, is this:

dude gets in my car to check out sound system. i turn it up, say 50%. he yells over music, "it aint that bad" then i crank it up, and he jumps out cuz its too loud for him to handle!

i would be satisfied with my efforts when i can beat up on others 15's in ghetto rigged prefabs and stuff. i mean, you all know that after a certain point, it all becomes spl. thats what i want. i could really give a hoot about sq, so long as it isnt fartin in my trunk. i dont want to give the impression that i am gonna do comps. no, i would go with somethin (bigger, more numerous?) for comps. alright. i am getting sleepy, which means if i keep on here without a nap, i will start acting retarded again. if anything isnt clear (i be the master of vague) just post something and i will add to this. DEUCE!!

Yeah..

yeh we need to account for hank panky. how tall are you and your gf i will calculate the amt of space you need to succesfully hanky panky

:lol: i like how you think.

oh my god lol you worried about me? i thought you were just sayin i was goin to highend too fast. guys, this wont be a solo install. my oldest bro is a whiz at this stuff. i'd say, he could compare to one of the higherups here, just do to trial and error. he has had22 years worth of experience, and i trust him. but good advice is always a fromidable oppenent and dude, (forgot who said it sorry) this box goes in the trunk, i want it to be a sleeper system :lol: i am preppin for the school car show. by that time, i will have done the electrical, made it look presentable, get it to stop smelling like a friggin fruit market, and of course bought the Shades. i dont know if this makes me sound stupid, but what would make me so freakin happy, is this:

dude gets in my car to check out sound system. i turn it up, say 50%. he yells over music, "it aint that bad" then i crank it up, and he jumps out cuz its too loud for him to handle!

i would be satisfied with my efforts when i can beat up on others 15's in ghetto rigged prefabs and stuff. i mean, you all know that after a certain point, it all becomes spl. thats what i want. i could really give a hoot about sq, so long as it isnt fartin in my trunk. i dont want to give the impression that i am gonna do comps. no, i would go with somethin (bigger, more numerous?) for comps. alright. i am getting sleepy, which means if i keep on here without a nap, i will start acting retarded again. if anything isnt clear (i be the master of vague) just post something and i will add to this. DEUCE!!

Does that make him about 36 years old or 22 years old because i know i didnt start car audio till i was 16

You'd be surprised at the output of some of these woofers. I had my single 12" Q for a long while there. Most kids I had in my car thought it would a couple of mainstream 15" woofers, output wise.

Also this kid needs to get punched in the face to wake him up from his little fantasy land or he needs to grow up real quick. I would expect this kid on ca.com but not here.