visitor

overveiw of the ed a

Gah sorry I sounded rude. I just don't like being called "dense". This was a "review" of the build quality of this individual driver which i agree was sloppy. Anyway lets keep it civil. :D

agreed. and i do see your point. i hope you can see mine.. as i said. i like the sound, i question the build quality. i have this one driver here, and a few "glamour shots" from ed that show these same defects. maybe its poor pictures? i really dont know. all i can base off of is this one driver here:)

Lol, amusing how the instant an eD thread pops up...BAM, Kslice is there to defend them even when they don't deserve it. I'd be embarrassed as hell to put my name on that mess. Even with good parts and a good design they couldn't build a good driver.

Lol, amusing how the instant an eD thread pops up...BAM, Kslice is there to defend them even when they don't deserve it. I'd be embarrassed as hell to put my name on that mess. Even with good parts and a good design they couldn't build a good driver.

Actually it is a great sounding driver...like the OP admitted. And what a shock, here you are again to flame an ED product... :shrug:

Im not defending ED in general, just the driver which i believe is one of the best SQ drivers out there for the money.

now takin donations to get Kslice a real sub.

i got 5 on it.

Actually it is a great sounding driver...like the OP admitted. And what a shock, here you are again to flame an ED product... :shrug:

Im not defending ED in general, just the driver which i believe is one of the best SQ drivers out there for the money.

In this thread you are defending the build quality which is amusing and of course that was what I was attacking. Pretty obvious from the pictures that Ben isn't overly concerned with doing things right.

I also find it funny that you went from a BL to the eD and are now saying "i believe is one of the best SQ drivers out there for the money", perhaps you should actually compare it to an SQ driver once instead of just saying it is the best because you have it.

I've got a fiver-er too as I'd love to see something else in his car to deflate the boner.

All very interesting stuff. I find the winding height of the coil to be rather long for a under-hung design though. Unless it isn't/wasn't an under-hung design in the first place.

All very interesting stuff. I find the winding height of the coil to be rather long for a under-hung design though. Unless it isn't/wasn't an under-hung design in the first place.

Maybe it is a huge gap. :shrug:

It's modeled after the gap between some people's ears...

It's modeled after the gap between some people's ears...

Oh, I literally lol'ed. :D

/offtopic :)

My 19Ov.2 had a single spider...I cracked the hell out of the spider basically all around the sub. The sub sounded awesome though...cracking the spider was my fault though...10hz in 6 cubes tuned to 40hz with 1000 watts on tap is stupid lol.

Visitor's thread though has severely deterred me from buying a 13Av.2 though. Thats why I'm going with an IXL 12.2.2. CHYEA

BTW..in eD's response to my thread on ICIX referencing this thread (Which they deleted as ALWAYS lol)

eD states the spiders are soft to raise the efficiency and make the sub use the rated power better. As the sub is made to use the power and not made to absorb gobs of power.

Edited by aznboi3644

Excellent choice on going with Mach5 over eDuh. Not surprised they deleted something that questions their piss poor quality. This really needs to be addressed on ICIX.

hmmm... I been thinking about buying on of these for testing...

maybe I'll stay away until I see one for myself..

My 19Ov.2 had a single spider...I cracked the hell out of the spider basically all around the sub. The sub sounded awesome though...cracking the spider was my fault though...10hz in 6 cubes tuned to 40hz with 1000 watts on tap is stupid lol.

Visitor's thread though has severely deterred me from buying a 13Av.2 though. Thats why I'm going with an IXL 12.2.2. CHYEA

BTW..in eD's response to my thread on ICIX referencing this thread (Which they deleted as ALWAYS lol)

eD states the spiders are soft to raise the efficiency and make the sub use the rated power better. As the sub is made to use the power and not made to absorb gobs of power.

There was a thread on this? and it was deleted? awww:( i wanna see...

as an update to all-I have spoken with ed (exceptional customer service, i must say) and we have determined the glue was a factory defect, and was not like that from the factory (the epoxy is still slightly tacky. they say it was an improper mixture. as the driver was likely mounted on the side, it ran. this would NOT have been noticeable during a QC check. just a bit of an update.

I find that VERY difficult to swallow. They actually claimed that the epoxy was so far off that it still hasn't fully cured and that was missed in the QC? What about the dust cap quite obviously not being glued down completely? What about the fact that there was too much glue in the joint to begin with? My guess is that all of the above was missed because there simply is no quality control. Let's face it, if the build house can't get the simple process of mixing up a batch of epoxy (which is really pretty forgiving and when done in industrial batches almost idiot proof) correct why would you expect anything of quality to come out of there. How many other drivers were affected by that "bad batch" of epoxy? Have they fixed the process?

I find that VERY difficult to swallow. They actually claimed that the epoxy was so far off that it still hasn't fully cured and that was missed in the QC? What about the dust cap quite obviously not being glued down completely? What about the fact that there was too much glue in the joint to begin with? My guess is that all of the above was missed because there simply is no quality control. Let's face it, if the build house can't get the simple process of mixing up a batch of epoxy (which is really pretty forgiving and when done in industrial batches almost idiot proof) correct why would you expect anything of quality to come out of there. How many other drivers were affected by that "bad batch" of epoxy? Have they fixed the process?

Hey not saying i dont agree with you. just posting what i was told:) as for it being a problem? i posted that, and was told-

Hey Chad.

The epoxy is actually mixed per speaker with the 13Av.2's.

That should isolate whole production run problems.

Casey and I have discussed checking the center epoxy ring from here out on QC.

whether or not you want to believe that its up to you. Im not in a position to say yes or no.

Edited by visitor

Mixed per speaker? OOOOOOKAY....

X2, not only is that extremely inefficient, that's just plain dumb!

Considering they act dumb in how they treat customers it is no surprise it is intrinsic into how their company operates.

I would say it is extrememly inneficient:)

Regardless of how dumb the company is, the build house isn't owned by them and is probably not in the business of wasting time and resources. The smaller the batch of adhesive mixed up, the larger as a percentage is lost as a result of it sticking to the mixing vessel and tools.

What is possible as well is that the adhesive is the cheapest thing that they could find and the heat from the coil melted it and broke it down to the point that it wouldn't reharden. Any way you look at it, that glue on the spider is a problem with production specification and / or quality control.