mwoehr

2 Fi SSD 12s Vs. 2 Kicker CVX 12s

i've got a fully loaded SSD and it's not even getting full power and I've heard the cvr on their rated power and it's not even a contest. The SSD is hands down a better sub.

i've got a fully loaded SSD and it's not even getting full power and I've heard the cvr on their rated power and it's not even a contest. The SSD is hands down a better sub.

The only problem with that is we are talking about SSD's and CVX's.

cvx, cvr, its a kicker product, so you get kicker quality....which....well.....has no chance in sq at all.

maybe im being biased, idk, but i've heard a lot of kicker subs since thats what every punk teenager and mommy and daddy's boy has around here, and just bout anywhere else, but i've yet to hear a kicker sub that has any sq compared to a ssd.

cvx, cvr, its a kicker product, so you get kicker quality....which....well.....has no chance in sq at all.

maybe im being biased, idk, but i've heard a lot of kicker subs since thats what every punk teenager and mommy and daddy's boy has around here, and just bout anywhere else, but i've yet to hear a kicker sub that has any sq compared to a ssd.

Yeah, maybe because Kicker is SPL oriented.

Kicker subwoofers have been in world champion SQ vehicles, just something to keep in mind ;)

duran..... really?

Kicker subwoofers have been in world champion SQ vehicles, just something to keep in mind ;)

I realize that is an application/enclosure dependent statement, but 95% of the time people buy them to get loud, not sound good.

duran..... really?

What? The SPL thing?

yeah the spl thing......

no i think kicker is bought up cause its a NAME YA KNOW>

i think kicker spends more money on ads and stunts then on there subs.... for the main part...

yeah the spl thing......

no i think kicker is bought up cause its a NAME YA KNOW>

i think kicker spends more money on ads and stunts then on there subs.... for the main part...

Yeah, that's very true. just like all the other big names, JL, Rockford, MTX...They spend their money on marketing, not on making quality products! SPL IS their main quality though...

if you wanna talk about the old days yeah IMO kicker was more spl geared.... if you look at the circle solos. the first still waters. yeah.. but nowdays... with all the shit they pump on to the market....

but i guess its like anything else..... you can only stay true to your self untill there is HUGE money to be made... then ya kinda lose your way,.

The circle Solos actually sound pretty good :)

The circle Solos actually sound pretty good :)

i must have been 13 or so when thay came out.... anyone who was doing somthing had a pair... and i wanted some too.... i got them... it was years later tho..

at around the same time if i rememeber corectly... punch put out the 40... and kicker had the kicker 50 or was it the 60.. anyway.. the smallest amp you had ever seen push 2 12's! ahh yeah back with they were both made in the USA.

You really, really need to explain what you currently have an issue with in your setup before even shopping. You are wasting a lot of time and what will be money if you go on like this.

Why do you always up up posting on one of my topics with something that has nothing to do with my topic? lol. I'm just curious about the way the SSDs sound compare to the CVXs because I used to own the CVXs. Nowhere does it say I'm going to run out and get either pair.

Because your topics are not beneficial to the forum and you refuse to do what I have asked multiple times. Either explain yourself or stop asking.

Oh, so now you own the forum and can tell me what I can ask when this topic is out of curiousity lol. Dude, you're like a dingleberry to my posts.

I love my L5's and their great subs, but when you go hear a somewhat SQ sub then listen to that SAME song with your Kickers you notice the SQ missing. They bang like its nobodies business, but I dont listen to rap all the time....So thats why Im looking for Fi SSD's.

dont even compare the kickers to rockford, mtx, and jl lol because they all blow kicker outa tha water

dont even compare the kickers to rockford, mtx, and jl lol because they all blow kicker outa THE water

LOL! Werd, JL on the real rapes Kicker in every way possable and the MTX 9500 series kills just about every Kicker sub there is. Rockford on the other hand I'm not sure about.

dont even compare the kickers to rockford, mtx, and jl lol because they all blow kicker outa tha water

LOL! Werd, JL on the real rapes Kicker in every way possable and the MTX 9500 series kills just about every Kicker sub there is. Rockford on the other hand I'm not sure about.

lol ye rockfords, ive heard a 1200W setup with rockford p2 15's and then a 1400w kicker 15's setup and the rockfords just dominated tha kickers lol

The ignorance in this thread is outstanding :(

set it stright jim

not sayin that jl mtx and rockford are tha best subs in the world, but their better than kicker

not sayin that jl mtx and rockford are THE best subs in the world, but their better than kicker

And all JL subs are the same, as well as all Kicker subs? :)

Comparing brands is meaningless, comparing products without some idea of the install isn't that useful either.

ive heard plenty of different installs with these brands of subs, and all im saying is kicker just doesnt ever seem to be even worth lookin at