bobc04

Which company sells the best wires

Hey guys... i just wanted to get everyones opinion on this....I know there are many different companies out here selling different stuff... theres knukonceptz, Rockford, my friend said Hooker audio was good... what brand wires does everyone use here?

knu konceptz for me.

Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 is way thicker than a regular 1/0 gauge and is so flexible you can literally fold it on itself.

Edited by Triple_P

When you mean wires, do you mean interconnect cables or power/speaker wire? :)

It comes down to a matter of where you think price and build quality intersect in a place that makes sense for you...you can spend hundreds or thousands on cables, but to me, that's simply not worth it. On the other hand, I don't want something that will fall apart on me after a few years' use.

I USE WHAT EVER IS CHEAPEST.

love my kicker! but ordering some krukonceptz because its cheap.

kicker hyperflex/knukonceptz kolossus fleks FTW its like holding a wet noodle

I use Kicker Hyperflex 1/0 for power and Big 3, Stinger for RCA's, and Kicker for speaker wire.

kicker for power wire. monster for interconnects, and knu for speaker wire, thas what i am using.

Some people swear by there Monster cables.

I wonder if there is any truth to there boner.

When you mean wires, do you mean interconnect cables or power/speaker wire? :)

It comes down to a matter of where you think price and build quality intersect in a place that makes sense for you...you can spend hundreds or thousands on cables, but to me, that's simply not worth it. On the other hand, I don't want something that will fall apart on me after a few years' use.

both actually

the kicker hyperflex is amazingly flexible. it's tinned copper which i believe fights corrosion. they give you 20ft of power in the kit which is nice and u can get it for bout $140. it was the logical choice for my budget system....

the kicker hyperflex is amazingly flexible. it's tinned copper which i believe fights corrosion. they give you 20ft of power in the kit which is nice and u can get it for bout $140. it was the logical choice for my budget system....

You paid $7 a foot for 1/0??? That's a rip off, I only pay $4 a foot for Hyperflex.

OF COURSE! i am the ghetto rigged one. I use lamp wire for speakers,and some strung-together 16gauge (5 pieces twisted into one extra chunky piece) for power. ghetto as hell....:lol:

You paid $7 a foot for 1/0??? That's a rip off, I only pay $4 a foot for Hyperflex.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3935_Kicker+PKD1.html

23ft 1/0 10ft 4ga fuse and distribution, preterminated power and ground too. i paid for a lot more than just 20 ft of 1/0

and where do you pay for that at?

Copper is copper, but I have used some speaker wire in which there was a discernible difference in clarity in a blind A/B test.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3935_Kicker+PKD1.html

23ft 1/0 10ft 4ga fuse and distribution, preterminated power and ground too. i paid for a lot more than just 20 ft of 1/0

That's still a lot! Make friends with a dealer! ;)

I'm good friends with an Kicker dealer, I work for him now, I don't know if I can get it cheaper that that though! :D

kicker for power wire. monster for interconnects, and knu for speaker wire, thas what i am using.

Some people swear by there Monster cables.

I wonder if there is any truth to there boner.

I have a few runs of 201XLN's in the van, and I've got the 12awg twisted pair in the apartment with the BIB's.

There really isn't.

Only reason I bought the speaker wire is because Wally World was running a special that day :D

i use monsters 402Xln, and i dunno it has the best ground shielding ,i run my rca's side by side with the power wire no alternator whine or anything. and my head unit is only 4 volts. so i would rather spend more upfront quality.

Edited by SouthPole1989

I'm good friends with an Kicker dealer, I work for him now, I don't know if I can get it cheaper that that though! :D

what is it you do for him ?

what is it you do for him ?

Is that a gay joke? Nah, hes just a cool guy that wants to get more young people into this stuff(and still be respectful) He knows me and my buddy's have rules when it comes to bumpin'.

what

how is that a gay joke.... you say you work for the man....

i ask what it is you do for him.....

and then you tell me you have rules for bumping.... i donno im confused

but i still wanna know how you work for him.....

and now i wanna know your riles for bumping sir!

If you buy anything other than Supraflex Welding Cable for power wire, you are pretty much just throwning away money... And buying wire that isn't as high of quality. People are smoking crack if they think getting 20 odd feet of 1/0 power cable and a few accesories for $140 is a good deal... I can get 20 feet of 4/0 (0000) for that price and ring terminals....

I prefer Dayton speaker cable from PartsExpress, I don't think you can beat the price, they go all the way down to 10 gauge. Pretty much all the car audio speaker cable is way overpriced, especially the ones that are twisted and have an additional PVC outter jacker or tube (Stinger).

Again, I would be willing to bet that no car audio company could come close to the Dayton line of interconnects. They have some of the best quality connectors and wire I have seen below a few hundred dollars. You just can't get real short stubby RCAs from them, and I know sometimes you need that.

As a side note, if you are buying interconnects, and they are RCA type, and the word "balanced" is anywhere in the description, you are paying for 100% BS. There is no such thing....

But, if buying from Kicker, Knu, etc makes you feel better better, do it, because the good feeling is all your gonna get....:)