Sign in to follow this  
Smallk07

I listen to Rap and Hip Hop which sub would be the best???

Hey everybody i have a quick question, im thinking about buying a 15" Bl but i heard that if I just listen to rap and hip hop that the 15"Q would be the best is this true and also its gonna be running of a RF P1000 1bd do i need the bp power if i get the Q

I have a 05 kia spectra and everything is stock so my alternator is pushing 90 amps and im going to get a RF 1 farad cap

and after my stock battery dies im going to get a yellow top d35 and remove the cap

bl

skip the power cap. Get either a BL or BTL if you every thing you might get the upgrade bug. BL should be good though.

Skip the cap, you will do better with a new battery, or a new alt. You will spend way less in the long run going that route.

Oh yeah, don't forget to NOT buy that power cap.

=)

I was gonna say the Q it gets lower, if your gonna be feeding it 1300-1500 watts (which that RF is capable of doing on good voltage) id get the bp power upgrade.

Edited by SEC

skip the power cap. Get either a BL or BTL if you every thing you might get the upgrade bug. BL should be good though.

Skip the cap, you will do better with a new battery, or a new alt. You will spend way less in the long run going that route.

Oh yeah, don't forget to NOT buy that power cap.

=)

lol.

Ok thanx im going to get the BL with p chamber option and im not going to get the cap but instead im going to get the Yellow top

I read a study somewhere that a message has to be given 7 times or something for memory to realy keep it. I'm just helping get to 7.

=)

The Q with BP is good, but realisticaly you will probably, at some point, send a clipped signal to the driver. I think something overly beefy would be the best bet in this situation. Especially with rap hip hop and most pop music. Some recent pop albums are produced with clipped signals in some retarded effort to make it "louder".

Ok thanx im going to get the BL with p chamber option and im not going to get the cap but instead im going to get the Yellow top

sounds like solid gold!

You should be thumpin in no time. Make sure you do the big 3 too.

what would be a good frequency level for my box if im going to play rap im thinking 32Hz but i dont want to damage the sub because sometimes I listen to RnB when a girl is in the car lol

How would 32hz damage the sub? That's Fi's recommended frequency for the BL afterall.

im a noob lol but i thought that RnB plays at a different frequency then rap thats why i said it might damage the sub if i play something on a different frequency level

32 htz sounds great. You won't damage the sub if you TURN THE SUBSONIC FILTER ON. Make sure you do that. That amp will come with one. And you could go w/ a bigger amp if you can afford it. But that amp will do perfect as well. Never turn the subsonic off in a ported box. I don't care if Jesus tells you to. Just don't. :D

I think you should tune higher. 34hz at the lowest, maybe even higher. Not my cup of tea, but your goals are WAY different than mine.

Whats your electrical consist of? I heard those RF 1000 can put almost 2000k watts up

If he typed it correctly, he has the new punch 1000 (P1000.1bd) not the power 1000 (T10001bd) I dont see much over 12?? watts with the punch model. it doesnt have the beefier power supply and such as the power series models.

Sign in to follow this